Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FINALLY! Perth has some rain!

FINALLY! Perth has some rain!

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FINALLY! Perth has some rain!

Originally Posted by Taryn
Im so glad i only work Tuesday to Saturday.....my lil brother is stuck on Hay street in a flood......no trains are running from Freo......eep
My husband is stuck in the City too.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

and now the boy racers are out in their V8's
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
My husband is stuck in the City too.
A night in the Holiday Inn may be?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
A night in the Holiday Inn may be?
He has enough to get on with in the office and he will try the trains again in a while. If not I will have to go and get him.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Shit!
i know it rains bad in Perth and i experienced some nasty storms while we were there, but never had a flood in the house and no electric. Hope you get no more damage
Thank you but I am afraid the ceiling has just collapsed!Why could the rain not stay away until after we had movedSue.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by petensue
Thank you but I am afraid the ceiling has just collapsed!Why could the rain not stay away until after we had movedSue.
oooh no Sue - are you ok? I'd offer to come round and help clean up but it is too wild to leave the house. Is your house on the market?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by petensue
Holy crap Sue, not good.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
oooh no Sue - are you ok? I'd offer to come round and help clean up but it is too wild to leave the house. Is your house on the market?
That's kind of you

You have to laugh we cleaned up in the dark with the dogs getting in the way and my 5 year old daughter also getting in the way also but she thinks it is a great adventure.

Our house is under offer so at least we don't have any homes open to deal with!

The only light we have is from the computers at the moment.Sue.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Holy crap Sue, not good.
We have lights again but for how long I don't know!
I hope your husband gets home soon.Sue.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:47 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a member of the SES, works in the communication bunker, taking calls and coordinating people to go where they are needed.

He had a call just after 4 to go in from 6 to midnight, and at that time they already had 150 jobs that needed sorting!

I got home to a couple of leaks, and my car is full of little dents. I drove my car through some very deep puddles, including one on the freeeway near the Warwick road exit, which had cut 5 lanes down to 1. I then had to collect 1 child from work at Whitfords (where the roof is leaking) and another from his girlfriends house, through some more v deep puddles!

Not a good day to be driving! Never in my 20+ years of driving, in many different countries, have I driven in such awful weather.

Just heard that the school is closed due to lots of flooding and tree damage around the place.

I know we need the rain, but a bit less at once would have been nice

Shirley
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by ub40fan
My husband is a member of the SES, works in the communication bunker, taking calls and coordinating people to go where they are needed.

He had a call just after 4 to go in from 6 to midnight, and at that time they already had 150 jobs that needed sorting!

I got home to a couple of leaks, and my car is full of little dents. I drove my car through some very deep puddles, including one on the freeeway near the Warwick road exit, which had cut 5 lanes down to 1. I then had to collect 1 child from work at Whitfords (where the roof is leaking) and another from his girlfriends house, through some more v deep puddles!

Not a good day to be driving! Never in my 20+ years of driving, in many different countries, have I driven in such awful weather.

Just heard that the school is closed due to lots of flooding and tree damage around the place.

I know we need the rain, but a bit less at once would have been nice

Shirley
Fantastic to see you Shirley, hope you have been keeping well.

We have escaped with no damage to anything, just a severely delayed and pissed off husband now on a train to Joondalup.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

I almost drowned in Leederville, but loved the "blitz spirit" that suddenly appeared in everyone, the two ladies who dragged me out of the hail to shelter under Kaili's verandah, the very nice man who protected my laptop with his brolly whilst almost doing a Mary Poppins impression off the bridge to the station. Oh, and did you see what happened to the sky just before dark?
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!  Perth has some rain!-lowres1.jpg   FINALLY!  Perth has some rain!-lowres2.jpg   FINALLY!  Perth has some rain!-lowres3.jpg  
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Who said Perth was boring.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackier
I almost drowned in Leederville, but loved the "blitz spirit" that suddenly appeared in everyone, the two ladies who dragged me out of the hail to shelter under Kaili's verandah, the very nice man who protected my laptop with his brolly whilst almost doing a Mary Poppins impression off the bridge to the station. Oh, and did you see what happened to the sky just before dark?
My daughter got some photos.First we had two rainbows,than a red sky and then just like that,darkness.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:36 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic to see you Shirley, hope you have been keeping well.

We have escaped with no damage to anything, just a severely delayed and pissed off husband now on a train to Joondalup.
Hi C

Things here are good. Congrats by the way, you are looking good.

Hope your husband got home ok, and you stay dry! I think the worst has passed.

Shirley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.