Banda Aceh, Indonesia - Satellite Images Before & After

Banda Aceh, Indonesia - Satellite Images Before & After

Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:06 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Banda Aceh, Indonesia - Satellite Images Before & After

Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:29 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Banda Aceh, Indonesia - Satellite Images Before & After

Absolutely tragic.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:43 am
ABCDiamond

Wow.

That shows the end result situation much more than the TV pictures we've seen. It show's it as much worse than I had imagined.

Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeeeez, Now THAT is devastation. How does a community recover from that.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

SHEETY is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they will need every penny from all these donations keep it up everybody never really been a charity kind of person until now they will certainly need it.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHEETY
I think they will need every penny from all these donations keep it up everybody never really been a charity kind of person until now they will certainly need it.
Have a look at this not for the faint hearted

http://weldion.org/~beeplus/temp/ruumiita4ft.jpg

Last edited by fraser; Dec 31st 2004 at 9:01 am.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
Have a look at this not for the faint hearted

http://weldion.org/~beeplus/temp/ruumiita4ft.jpg

- That is truly horrific
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

OMG it justs highlights mother natures power doesn't it? How absolutely heartbreaking....I just couldn't believe the numbers they keep quoting in the news, and whilst it's still very hard to comprehend when you see pictures like this it helps to see why the numbers are so very high

And I'm not quite sure what to make of this story either
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4135073.stm

I hope it's just cos they're in shock.

Peace and love and lots of prayers to all involved in this terrible disaster.

love sophia xx
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sophia
OMG it justs highlights mother natures power doesn't it? How absolutely heartbreaking....I just couldn't believe the numbers they keep quoting in the news, and whilst it's still very hard to comprehend when you see pictures like this it helps to see why the numbers are so very high

And I'm not quite sure what to make of this story either
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4135073.stm

I hope it's just cos they're in shock.

Peace and love and lots of prayers to all involved in this terrible disaster.

love sophia xx
I suppose they will all come back and try to claim on the holiday insurance d'ont think I could carry on with a holiday after that may be do some good and go and help out.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 10:20 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
- That is truly horrific
Isn't it just, like something from a horror movie. The thing is it's duplicated on loads of other beaches
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is truly unreal. Even if some of those living there survived, how on earth do they move forward. Even money doesn't help the mental scars.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Dec 31st 2004 at 3:22 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

It's sad to see what had happened. The death toll from tsunami disaster passes the 120,000 mark.

Is it a sign from God? Let us all pray for the unlucky ones' from the waves of death. All the new year celebration has been canceled. The second leg of the Tiger Cup semi-final between Malaysia and Indonesia has also been postponed after the weekend's deadly Asian tsunami.

The match will now be played 48 hours later, on Monday, as a mark of respect for the victims.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHEETY
I suppose they will all come back and try to claim on the holiday insurance d'ont think I could carry on with a holiday after that may be do some good and go and help out.
But what else can you expect when Thai hotels are issuing statements like this, as if it was just a bit of a storm. -

For your immediate attention, Phuket beaches and surroundings are not really damaged like what all international TV channel campaigned. Of course, it is true to accept that there have been some general damages but not for all. All upfront parts of the beaches have truly been affected but some many of breezy parts have been pretty good for your relaxation and of good safety for all residents and tourists. The TVs have been trying to mess all things up and then our entire Phuket will be certainly destroyed unless all of you do not percieve some part of the fact. At this stage, we are pleased to insist that the arrivals to our Phuket are truly safe and welcoming.

Source - http://www.sawadee.com/tsunami/statements.htm
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollyna,

First of all, happy new year to you and everyone in this forum.

I don't have any comment but I think by issuing statements like this, they are trying to protect their tourism industry. Imagine what is the impact if there's no tourist visiting a certain area or beaches, I bet you all know what is the outcome rite?

Also, recently the Thais accused a neighbouring country of harboring and setting up camps on terrorism. They also provide snapshots and photo showing groups of youngsters in guerilla and armed uniforms holding weapons and etc. It was published in the papers last week if I'm not mistaken. The latter denied by saying the photo was taken during some carnivals or sports event.

Well, from my opinion, informations are available to everyone. It's up to us to judge whether it's correct or not.

Rgds,
Van
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But what else can you expect when Thai hotels are issuing statements like this, as if it was just a bit of a storm. -

For your immediate attention, Phuket beaches and surroundings are not really damaged like what all international TV channel campaigned. Of course, it is true to accept that there have been some general damages but not for all. All upfront parts of the beaches have truly been affected but some many of breezy parts have been pretty good for your relaxation and of good safety for all residents and tourists. The TVs have been trying to mess all things up and then our entire Phuket will be certainly destroyed unless all of you do not percieve some part of the fact. At this stage, we are pleased to insist that the arrivals to our Phuket are truly safe and welcoming.

Source - http://www.sawadee.com/tsunami/statements.htm
Obviously written by some Thai receptionist somewhere trying to keep her job safe. In Thailand Im afraid life comes second to the Thai baht I remember once while staying up in the hills a little boy was hit by an object sticking out of the side of a truck he was killed instantly and I could not believe what I saw once the driver was stopped not knowing what he did, all the talk was about how much he has to pay for the family this is while the boy laid dead beside the road with no covering of the poor kid and people gauping over the body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.