Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:06 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dust, earthquakes, fire risk..everyone ok?

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
What's a bool?
It's like a pool but a bit pissed lol
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
A colleague has come back to work this week after 2 weeks in Perth & she said it was bl&&dy freezing, very windy, sleet & rain!

OMG!!! she'll be really browned off.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
OMG!!! she'll be really browned off.
Rust?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:13 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Rust?
looked like a lovely hollywood tan til she had a shower
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Rust?
Yeah lol, you sure can feel a spare part going rusty in Perth.

She's off to Brissy next week, oh dear
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

We were outside in the dust all afternoon yesterday at the girls swimming lessons..had a sore throat last night, but everyone seems ok today, really eerie like a thick haar , read earlier that there might be another one on Saturday night, hope not cos I'd cleaned up outside before I read that!!!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
We were outside in the dust all afternoon yesterday at the girls swimming lessons..had a sore throat last night, but everyone seems ok today, really eerie like a thick haar , read earlier that there might be another one on Saturday night, hope not cos I'd cleaned up outside before I read that!!!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Was speaking to a local here tonight and he said that he is used to it.. says that there is a lot of dust in the middle of Oz (yep, of course.. no sarky comments perlease!) and that when the winds and the right scenerio hits, the dust storms come on through.. he seems to think it is pretty normal.. he was a bit suprised to hear the "global warming" theory to it... considering he has been experiencing it and his rellies have always experienced it.. its not a "new thing" per say to most Aussies (his words, not mine)..

Em x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Was speaking to a local here tonight and he said that he is used to it.. says that there is a lot of dust in the middle of Oz (yep, of course.. no sarky comments perlease!) and that when the winds and the right scenerio hits, the dust storms come on through.. he seems to think it is pretty normal.. he was a bit suprised to hear the "global warming" theory to it... considering he has been experiencing it and his rellies have always experienced it.. its not a "new thing" per say to most Aussies (his words, not mine)..

Em x
This one is a lot more severe that any which have occurred for a good few years. Smaller dust storms are fairly common, but a cloud this big, moving so many 100s of km up the coast is far more uncommon.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This one is a lot more severe that any which have occurred for a good few years. Smaller dust storms are fairly common, but a cloud this big, moving so many 100s of km up the coast is far more uncommon.
hmmm... I did wonder... the one thing I have noticed when "discussing the weather" with locals is that whenever anything happens someone usually says something along the lines of "that not a knife.. *this* is a knife" style conversation... and then tells me about a time when it is usually a lot worse..

However, I was suprised that a few people seemed to think it was pretty normal up the pub tonight... mind you.. could be that the coast didnt get hit as much.. I experience the storm in Brissie and without sounding like a right wuss, I woke up at 2am yesterday morning (or is it this morning.. yes, I think so) and my eyes felt dead gritty and sore...

Em x
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, we usually have a great view from outside our house but today all I can see is white, even worse than yesterday!
Sun is still shining through though
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:18 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

From where I am the mountains round Cairns would seem to have disappeared completely now - they were hazy yesterday but gone today!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
From where I am the mountains round Cairns would seem to have disappeared completely now - they were hazy yesterday but gone today!
Do you think my workplace will have dissapeared too?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:29 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think my workplace will have dissapeared too?
If that's what you would like, then I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Actually if you work where I think you do, then my husband is a regular there - we need a frequent patient award card
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
If that's what you would like, then I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Actually if you work where I think you do, then my husband is a regular there - we need a frequent patient award card
It can go anywhere it likes until a week on Monday but then sadly, I need to go back & earn wages!
Hope your husband is doing alright & being well looked after

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.