Video Compression

Old Nov 5th 2006, 6:50 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold
Default Video Compression

Hello, just got a digital camera. Does anyone know how i can compress my video clips so i can send them to family and friends back home?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:18 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Video Compression

Originally Posted by turtletom
Hello, just got a digital camera. Does anyone know how i can compress my video clips so i can send them to family and friends back home?
if nothing else, Windows Movie Maker will let you re-record with a lower bit rate and thus a smaller file size
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

What format does it save it to currently? If its a compressed format already like mpg, then you are stuck, it can't be compressed more.

If its avi or some 3rd party format, you could try zipping it.

We find it easier just to save it all up then burn a dvd and send it home via snail mail.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:35 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

If i right click the file it says its a video clip, not mpeg.??
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:37 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

bum i di bump
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:16 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

You may probably find this entire article quite useful.....
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1635
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:50 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by @boy
You may probably find this entire article quite useful.....
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1635

failing that if all you want is jsut to reduce file size so you can email it, try either windows movie maker (free with xp, and incredibly easy to use) or otherwise try this

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/d...se_mirror=ufpr

which will convert it to divx format, very small file size with good quality
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maverik1979
failing that if all you want is jsut to reduce file size so you can email it, try either windows movie maker (free with xp, and incredibly easy to use) or otherwise try this

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/d...se_mirror=ufpr

which will convert it to divx format, very small file size with good quality
Many thanks on behalf of Turtletom for the advice

It seems the software installed conflicted with the other stuff and has caused many problems with PC - so he is off line for a while until this is sorted.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:22 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sasbear
Many thanks on behalf of Turtletom for the advice

It seems the software installed conflicted with the other stuff and has caused many problems with PC - so he is off line for a while until this is sorted.
should have just stuck with windows movie maker
hope he gets it sorted
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:38 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

Thanks @boy!