Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Climate change sceptics

Climate change sceptics

Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Climate change sceptics

Originally Posted by CasualObserver1
...and 2010 was the equal hottest year on record. What's you point?
If you believe the manufactured figures. From what I observed 2010 was a cooler than average year.

So you deny global warming is happening either natural or man made?
I believe that climate changes and it has done so since the planet existed. Man made anthropogenic global warming is nothing more than a rouse to tax the air that we breathe and create a trillion $ carbon trading industry out of thin air. (pun intended)
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:41 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
If you believe the manufactured figures. From what I observed 2010 was a cooler than average year.

I believe that climate changes and it has done so since the planet existed. Man made anthropogenic global warming is nothing more than a rouse to tax the air that we breathe and create a trillion $ carbon trading industry out of thin air. (pun intended)
Ok thanks. I should listen you. After all you are some random bloke off of the internet, why should I trust climate scientists: what would they know.

Also, have you heard a UFO crashed at Roswell and the US Government has been covering it up ever since! I know!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks. I should listen you. After all you are some random bloke off of the internet
It's not only me. People around the world are waking up to this scam. London's MET office has done so much backtraking lately that they have lost all credibility.

why should I trust climate scientists: what would they know.
Does the word 'Climategate' ring a bell?

Also, have you heard a UFO crashed at Roswell and the US Government has been covering it up ever since! I know!
I don't care whether a UFO crashed at Roswell or not but it's a bit arrogant to assume that there is no other life anywhere in the universe apart from the planet Earth. All that we know for sure is that we haven't discovered it yet. Or have we?

To be quite honest, you come across wet behind the ears.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:01 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought your argument that ancient Greeks were only philosophers and not scientists was very weak too. You didn't back up your argument either.
Fair enough. You counter arguments were weak as well. Ultimately it made no difference to the main point that scientists have not been studying climate for 1000s of years.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 13th 2011 at 4:07 am.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:12 am
experienced expat

wicked nenad is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks. I should listen you. After all you are some random bloke off of the internet, why should I trust climate scientists: what would they know.

Have you seen pictures of the aliens, here's one:

Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:21 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

...and 2010 was the equal hottest year on record. What's you point?

So you deny global warming is happening either natural or man made?
The world has been steadily warming up since the 1700s, it is no surprise that we get warmest years on record, particularly since the records only go back to the mid 1800s, and most of the early weather stations were in the centres of cites, which have warmed up even faster.

Just because it's the warmest year on record does not implicate human activity in the process of warming.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:22 am
Banned

CasualObserver1 will become famous soon enoughCasualObserver1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Burbage

Just because it's the warmest year on record does not implicate human activity in the process of warming.
I didn't say it did.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Western governments love "global warming". It has produced a whole new economy which has helped to keep some of them bouyant.

"Green" products fill the shelves now. Young people just accept this whole thing as fact as that is all they have had rammed down their throats since they could listen.

I can't back this up but I have heard from more than one source that global warming alarmism was a deliberate piece of government misinformation leaked out by the CIA in the mid seventies, purely because they could forsee a big hole in the economy which needed filling.

It is quite common in Australia for clean waste water to be diverted into the garden using a simple flexible plastic pipe. These used to cost about $2.00 - now they cost $20.00. People will pay this because they think it is the green thing to do.

The need for clean air, clean water, preservation of forestry etc are all very important but this has been hijacked by the Carbonistas to very good effect.
It was Thatcher in the 80's who kick started it all
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Quite correct, she was looking for every angle she could find to fight Scargill and the miners.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Quite correct, she was looking for every angle she could find to fight Scargill and the miners.
If heard her blamed for some things in the past.... but climate change !!!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I knew some climate change sceptics were nuts...but not that nuts.

He's obviously never heard of Chris Monckton.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Open your eyes. And don't believe all you are force fed by the media is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BweqVEL-FY
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I knew some climate change sceptics were nuts...but not that nuts.

He's obviously never heard of Chris Monckton.
Farquar off!!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Farquar off!!
Its OK, he's left the building.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Open your eyes. And don't believe all you are force fed by the media is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BweqVEL-FY
Attached Thumbnails Climate change sceptics-whitecoats.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.