Heads Up

Old Feb 23rd 2015, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heads Up

Don’t know if you’re aware, but Vodafone are doing free data and free calls to the UK (Mobiles and Landlines all weekend at the moment, until April. Vodafone are doing the starter packs at half price to qualify for this offer. So $15 for four weekends of free internet and free calls, pretty damn good hey?

Unlimited Weekend | Vodafone Australia
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 11:53 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heads Up

Just to point up, calling international mobile numbers (UK) from mobiles, can be quite reasonable nowadays. For instance Optus are doing 5c per min to mobile and 2c per min to landline (for prepaid) offer at the moment. The one I'm with, Virgin, do 15c all the time. The big standout is Telstra, who will totally screw you. They will also screw you on the landline side as well.

Upshot is, if you want to call back to the UK, don't assume that a call on your mobile will be the most expensive option, it might be the cheapest, particularly if your alternative is a Telstra landline. It can even be cheaper than calling next door (don't you just love the Australian market).

And if you are with Telstra for everything, it could be worth having a burner SIM/phone with another carrier, just to take advantage of the cheap international calls.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought it was a good deal, a lot of my old friends in the UK only have mobiles. So for me no brainer $3.75 unlimited calls to mobiles all weekend.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 1:57 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
Just thought it was a good deal, a lot of my old friends in the UK only have mobiles. So for me no brainer $3.75 unlimited calls to mobiles all weekend.
Oh it is, just pointing out that international calls is one of those areas that don't follow logic, with it being possible to call a mobile in the UK more cheaply than a mobile next door.