Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sky Sports News in Aus?

Sky Sports News in Aus?

Old Jan 24th 2015, 11:23 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default Sky Sports News in Aus?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can watch Jeff Stelling and the boys on Saturdays here in Sydney? Most football fans will know of the cult status of Sky Sports News' Saturday afternoon show, and after just returning from a trip back to England, I know I need my fix!

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2015, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Sports News in Aus?

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under
Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can watch Jeff Stelling and the boys on Saturdays here in Sydney? Most football fans will know of the cult status of Sky Sports News' Saturday afternoon show, and after just returning from a trip back to England, I know I need my fix!

Cheers
At 3 in the morning Sydney time.

Sky does an internet service right? Get someones code and log in. You probably will need a UK VPN though.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 8:51 am

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

What's a VPN?
Old Jan 27th 2015, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

What's a VPN?
Visible panty nine ! Sorry ! something like this mate

http://lifehacker.com/5940565/why-yo...for-your-needs
Old Jan 27th 2015, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What's a VPN?
In short. Something that makes your internet connection look like its coming out of the UK
Old Jan 27th 2015, 10:42 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Generally worth having a SmartDNS service (like getflix) for UK and US TV. Often have deals where the price for the year is about $23. That gets you access around the geoblocks so you can stream TV from places like iPlayer, Netflix, and Sky.

Most obvious route is then to mooch off someone elses existing Sky Go account - if you know someone (which your post suggests you do).

You could do NowTV, but frankly the price for sports is silly.

Or failing all that, I understand there are a number of ...... ah hem ..... questionable streaming sites that promise to have Sky Sports streamed for free. A google search will find them, but I'd not expect the quality to be much. Wouldn't need a SmartDNS for them.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Macleodoftheclan is an unknown quantity at this point

If you know someone in England who has Sky,then maybe you could do what I do and connect a 'slingbox' into one of their Sky boxes. I have mine at my nephews bedroom which enables me full access of the sky box. I can change channels and record and watch at anytime of the day. Obviously a spare box off their sky costs about £10 a month for multi room? But for all the functuality of it I think it's well worth it.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 8:28 am

Ok thanks for the tips - i'll look into them!