British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bins in Brisbane - anyone had theirs emptied yet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bins-brisbane-anyone-had-theirs-emptied-yet-701191/)

Kim67 Jan 18th 2011 9:51 am

Bins in Brisbane - anyone had theirs emptied yet?

The council hasn't emptied our bins for a couple of weeks, obviously busy with flood cleanup. But we now have stinken rubbish oozing down the street, has anyone had a rubbish pick up in the last two weeks (Brisbane City Council).

Pollyana Jan 18th 2011 9:56 am

Re: Bins in Brisbane - anyone had theirs emptied yet?

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 9110066)
The council hasn't emptied our bins for a couple of weeks, obviously busy with flood cleanup. But we now have stinken rubbish oozing down the street, has anyone had a rubbish pick up in the last two weeks (Brisbane City Council).

Nope, we have bins and rubbish scattered all down the road too. We usually get emptied on Tuesdays, so its two weeks today...........

Kim67 Jan 18th 2011 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9110080)
Nope, we have bins and rubbish scattered all down the road too. We usually get emptied on Tuesdays, so its two weeks today...........

Yep same, the normal bin two weeks today and the recycling four weeks today. Fingers crossed we both wake to the sound of trucks within the next couple of days.

Alfresco Jan 18th 2011 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 9110066)

Yep, I was driving to Coles in the hope of getting some vegetables and saw the recycle truck on the way. It collected all bins - recycling, general rubbish and garden waste all in one hit.

Got home and we only had the gen waste and recycling bins out. Never dreamt to put the garden one out as welll. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least got rid of some. :thumbup:

Kim67 Jan 18th 2011 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 9110087)
Yep, I was driving to Coles in the hope hope of getting some vegetables and saw the recycle truck on the way. It collected all bins - recycling, general rubbish and garden waste all in one hit.

Got home and we only had the gen waste and recycling bins out. Never dreamt to put the garden one out as well well. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least got rid of some. :thumbup:

Excellent, hope they're on their way tomorrow then.

gmralston Jan 20th 2011 1:46 am

Yes, done on Wednesday, just one week missed here (Wgabba) can't complain at that.

No recycling is getting done at the moment so you can put all rubbish both bins, that is for this week at least and maybe longer.

Kim67 Jan 20th 2011 2:07 am

One side of our street was done yesterday, but my side of the street is still feral.

Pollyana Jan 20th 2011 4:34 am

Originally Posted by gmralston (Post 9114876)
Yes, done on Wednesday, just one week missed here (Wgabba) can't complain at that.

No recycling is getting done at the moment so you can put all rubbish both bins, that is for this week at least and maybe longer.

We have to do that anyway. Seven units here but the council refuses to give us more than two recycling bins! And the two that we have were nabbed long ago by two particluar units so the rest of us have no option but to chuck everything in together :rolleyes: Really annoys me but the council says we don't need - and thus can't have - more than two :blink:

Kim67 Jan 20th 2011 5:45 am

Yay, bins empty!!!!

Alfresco Jan 20th 2011 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 9115253)
Yay, bins empty!!!!

:thumbup:

Just need to collect the mozzies now. :)

Kim67 Jan 20th 2011 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 9115399)
:thumbup:

Just need to collect the mozzies now. :)

Got midge bites all over my feet - they're driving me crazy they're so itchy.

Alfresco Jan 20th 2011 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 9115488)
Got midge bites all over my feet - they're driving me crazy they're so itchy.

Yeah me too! That's what they are. :frown:

Kim67 Jan 20th 2011 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 9115513)
Yeah me too! That's what they are. :frown:

Yep, they're so tiny that you can hardly see them and then you don't see the bites until the next day and then the itch starts.

gmralston Jan 20th 2011 11:21 am

Are they sand flies? Those tiny things don't seem to bother me but mozzie bites really hurt for days.

Kim67 Jan 20th 2011 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by gmralston (Post 9115699)
Are they sand flies? Those tiny things don't seem to bother me but mozzie bites really hurt for days.

Yes, same thing I think.