Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone else in the middle of a friggin cyclone???

Anyone else in the middle of a friggin cyclone???

Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else in the middle of a friggin cyclone???

OMG! 4 days we've been hit now! Storms very bad last night, never seen thunder and lightening like it. Kids aren't at school, I can't get to work as Noosa flooded +++, Mark on lates - obviously busy helping stranded people and those who've stupidly gone out and subsequently had road traffic accidents - duhhhh! So anyone else still in their pj's, surrounded by bored kids, housework and hot chocolate????

Good news tho, I always wanted a pool in my backyard - now have one. Always wanted a waterfeature in the house - have one of those too going right into my living room! Sand bags are at the ready, storm box out, candles and matches sitting on the side. Hope everyone else is ok!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:40 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone else in the middle of a friggin cyclone???

Originally Posted by glittababe
OMG! 4 days we've been hit now! Storms very bad last night, never seen thunder and lightening like it. Kids aren't at school, I can't get to work as Noosa flooded +++, Mark on lates - obviously busy helping stranded people and those who've stupidly gone out and subsequently had road traffic accidents - duhhhh! So anyone else still in their pj's, surrounded by bored kids, housework and hot chocolate????

Good news tho, I always wanted a pool in my backyard - now have one. Always wanted a waterfeature in the house - have one of those too going right into my living room! Sand bags are at the ready, storm box out, candles and matches sitting on the side. Hope everyone else is ok!
ha ha i'm in maroochydore, i've also got a water feature in my living room coming down from a spotlight! i've also got a pool in my garden......and you've put me in the mood for a hot choccy now! hang on in there it's meant to be over by weekend!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell!

Hope you are all OK in the "Sunshine" Coast.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:53 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Bloody hell!

yeah, take care guys, hopefully will soon start to dry out
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

We're on Gold Coast and it's still windy and raining but not as bad as it has been. On Tuesday a huge tree blew down at the end of our road about 5 mins after I'd driven by the exact spot
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Bloody hell!

Ahhh you should all come on round for a pool /hot choc party! I've sent Mark out as we have no food in the house (as stranded for past 4 days). He called from Noosa civic shopping centre to say the roads are shocking, trees down, crashed cars and abandoned cars alongside the road, rain in sheets can't see anything - so I said ah thats nice dear can you pick me up chocolate cake too! He's making his way back now! Have now noticed the washing lines been ripped from the wall, screens are off the back windows and my roof is making this awful groaning sound! Apparently the Bruce Hwy is closed as trees are over it. Do you know we've had 349mm of rain in a few hours - rain water tanks overflowing!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:01 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Anyone else in the middle of a friggin cyclone???

it is pretty scary, just been reading the sunshine coast daily on line, the roads look really bad. At least you are nice and cosy (with a few leaks)
I've got a cadburys cake mix, think i'll go for that now you've made me want cake too, like i need an excuse!! where are you anyway> Noosa?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:02 am

Thanks for your concern everybody!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopsface
it is pretty scary, just been reading the sunshine coast daily on line, the roads look really bad. At least you are nice and cosy (with a few leaks)
I've got a cadburys cake mix, think i'll go for that now you've made me want cake too, like i need an excuse!! where are you anyway> Noosa?
Have a look at the thread in the Barbie on Wind and rain that Sean started. Glad you guys are all doing OK.

Also keep your eyes on the flood alerts on the BOM site, and listen to the radio if you are anywhere near a flood zone. There is a lot of water coming down the rivers and every river up there is in some stage of a flood alert.

132 500 Emergency number for the SES now - keep it handy just in case.

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

It's still not good here, I struggle to get a light outdoors sometimes.

Seriously, good luck up there, 300mm of rain sounds a bit too damp for my liking.
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glittababe
AHave now noticed the washing lines been ripped from the wall, screens are off the back windows and my roof is making this awful groaning sound! Apparently the Bruce Hwy is closed as trees are over it. Do you know we've had 349mm of rain in a few hours - rain water tanks overflowing!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
It's still not good here, I struggle to get a light outdoors sometimes.

Seriously, good luck up there, 300mm of rain sounds a bit too damp for my liking.
Peak rainfall figures include 382 mm at Tewantin in 12 hours last night, and 700+ mm at Rainbow Beach over the last 24 hours.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Stella340
yeh it's a wee bit muddy!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:11 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Peak rainfall figures include 382 mm at Tewantin in 12 hours last night, and 700+ mm at Rainbow Beach over the last 24 hours.
Droughts and flooding rains indeed.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Droughts and flooding rains indeed.
reminds me of manchester

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.