9/11

Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That bit was OK, the next bit though was where one ends up talking to the relatives of an incident victim, and they are describing what he/she was wearing etc to help with the identification. Did it during a couple of the major UK train crashes - not a nice job.

Press "1" for a skirt....

"Was that..."

"a long skirt"
"a short skirt"....
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Comet, do you remember how amazing Peter Mansbridge's coverage was? I never really liked him before but he really changed my opinion that day.
Yes, I thought they did an amazing job on the news. It must have been a very difficult day to be a journalist.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Was in Adelaide sitting up watching the late news, waiting for Sports Tonight when the luscious Sandra Sully told of the breaking news just in time for the second plane to hit and the rest is history.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:24 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Ninth of November... which year?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

I remember sitting in the lounge room with my toddler at the time, thinking "oh my god what will America do" and as one poster said I was thinking WW3. I was worried about the implications and what kind of world my son was going to grow up in.

My friends husband was very affected by it as at the time he worked for a big London insurance company and had many friends in the Towers whom he used to talk to at least once a week.

None of them made it out.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

I was working for a fund manager, at the time the first plane crashed I was on the phone to a New York colleague who was working in the WTC (not the towers). I will never forget that conversation.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

My birthday is 9/11 and I was in Tenerife. I was on a minibus and some Scottish lads told me and my brother about it. I remember feeling very very shocked. When we flew home to the UK a few days later every non white person on our flight was stopped at customs.