9/11

Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default 9/11

Where were you when the attacks happened?

I was in a hospital bed in turkey watching tv and not understanding a word being said but taking everything in.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: 9/11

I was on the internet, chatting to an American friend who worked 2 miles from the towers. She provided an eyewitness account until her employer asked everyone to leave their desks and go home.

I watched the footage on the BBC website, and the next day I saw it all again on the cafeteria tv at work. During our lunch break, my colleagues and I were simply glued to the screens. Nobody spoke. Not a single word. We just watched.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: 9/11

At work. I had a dippy boss who came out of her office to tell me they'd gone mad in America and were flying planes into buildings. I thought a Cessna had flown into a farm or something, but then we went through and put the telly on...

I finished at 3pm, went home, stuck Sky news on and left it on for the rest of the day.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:19 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I was in my aunties with my son, cousin and her son.

We were all actually watching the news at the time when they had the breaking news. I'll never forget it.

The funny thing was when they were going on about the Pentagon, my auntie who is really funny and is always getting things mixed up, said "oh my god, that's where the Pope lives"
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just got in the car after a physio appointment and Steve Wright (I think) said a light aircraft had apparently hit one of the towers. By the time I got to school for pick up, the news had become slightly more serious
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished work approx 12.30 and popped into next door neighbours for a cuppa and saw the second hit live on TV so shocking.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Was in London on a course - came out to go shopping and saw the headlines in the Evening Standard. Didn't shop and went straight home. We were only up there a few months previous so really hit home.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
Just finished work approx 12.30 and popped into next door neighbours for a cuppa and saw the second hit live on TV so shocking.
I was working for the police at the time. We were getting ready to test the response of our Casualty Bureau (phone hotline) team if requireed to respond to a major incident. The incident they planned to use in the exercise was a simulated crash of a fully loaded 747 on a large town near Gatwick.
We spent the next 11 hours sitting at Police HQ ready to take calls for real. We sat watching it on TV waiting for instructions and anticipating an attack on the UK. My blood still goes cold at the memory of it.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:53 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I was a university student at the time and sleeping in when my boyfriend (now husband) called and told me a plane crashed into one of the buildings in New York. I figured I'd see it on the news later and went back to sleep.

When he called the second time and told me about the plane and all the latest I got up and went straight to the tv. It all felt very surreal. I can remember that day so well now. I even cut out the front page of the next days newspaper, still have it tucked away somewhere.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I was laying in bed with my husband, my two year old and my six weeks old watching the late night news after getting back from a day at the beach in Kingscliff. We were just about to turn off the tv when the news came through of the first plane and then watched live as the second plane hit the building. We sat in bed the whole night watching - when the buildings collapsed, all you could see was dust and then the realisation hit that the buidlings weren't there anymore. It was scarey stuff watching the third plane hitting washington and the other plane was missing - horrible - watching people jump out of the burning building live was almost surreal.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:58 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

just got back from france and saw it on the news

Was in the pub the other day talking with a kiwi and an aussie, one had a friend who delayed a flight and ended up on one of the ill fated ones, the other missed one of the ill fated ones due to a shite taxi driver, was a bizarre afternoon
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:07 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I was laying in bed with my husband, my two year old and my six weeks old watching the late night news after getting back from a day at the beach in Kingscliff. We were just about to turn off the tv when the news came through of the first plane and then watched live as the second plane hit the building. We sat in bed the whole night watching - when the buildings collapsed, all you could see was dust and then the realisation hit that the buidlings weren't there anymore. It was scarey stuff watching the third plane hitting washington and the other plane was missing - horrible - watching people jump out of the burning building live was almost surreal.
That was just so awful when the buildings collapsed, totally surreal. The worst was witnessing people jumping out of the windows. I'll never get over that one.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:26 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I was driving back from ordering ceiling roses for our house renovation (heard it on the radio)... and then watched the whole thing on telly with my nephew as he was replastering the house...

Em x
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Was in the Kitchen making lunch for my three year old after packing cases to fly to New York for the weekend. Can still remember seeing the 2nd plane go into the towers and will never forget. Worked for many years in Canary Wharf for the banks and spent some time in New York at the Trade Centre.

Never went to NY, couldn't face the flight or the thought of not seeing the towers. Flew to St Lucia at Christmas and everyone held hands on take off and landing really bizarre and the most scared i'd ever been on a flight.

J
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

At work - suddenly all the internet news sites stopped responding - in a room full of IT consultants all 'on the bench' this doesn't go unnoticed. I remember some people got calls from friends in the City telling them that something was going on - these people were on the phone to NY getting real time information.

Everyone ended up watching the big screen in the cafeteria - we had many American colleagues over working on a project and a lot of people were quite upset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.