Where to go?

Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Global1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Where to go?

Hi Guys

New poster here. I have decided i need to get away from my boring life here in the UK and want to live abroad for a fresh start. I am 36 and single, i only speak English and would have roughly £30k to bring with me. I would need to be able to work as this sum of money will not last very long! I currently work in the granite and marble industry and run my own business. I also have experience in carpentry. I do not necessarily need to work in these industries but that's where i'm experienced

Any suggestions as to what place would accommodate my needs?

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:25 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go?

Hi and welcome to the forum

Well.....if you want to set up your own business, and maybe that's the easiest way into a lot of countries, then you will need to find out if there's a market for your business, then find out how you can get the appropriate visa.

Speaking for Malaysia only, if you check into the Malaysia forum on here, a regular poster called Abdul has written quite a lot about setting up in business here.

If you haven't got a particular country in mind, then you have a lot of research to do. Just pick your way through each country forum on here and ask some questions.

You've posted your topic in Far East and Asia. Is that the only area you are considering?
Old Jan 18th 2014, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Global1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your response. Im thinking of going to Bangkok and using it as a base to travel SE Asia, business wise im not to sure of yet but will most likely involve some form of internet business rather than physically setting up a shop or the like!
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ok....suggest you check out the Thailand section on here and ask a few questions. Hope it all works out for you
Old Jan 29th 2014, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to working in another region (or even country) culture is king, learn about it, research and then consider.. IMHO
Old Feb 20th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

1986mlob is an unknown quantity at this point

Learn by doing/living.

Language is a large part of it, but also communication style.

Traditional East Asians will lie to save face not out of malice is an example.