Travel

Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:37 am
Just Joined

waynejob333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel

HI,Can anybody recommend somewhere to travel to (beach relaxation holiday) - I am traveling From KL to Singapore for a couple of days mid September and wanted to extend it for a week to include a beach holiday. All of the areas I am looking at seems to be "out of season" for the weather and I am running out of ideas and inspiration. How to buy the coach ticket & where can I book the hotel ?
Any ideas/suggestions people can give me would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel

What about the Indonesian islands off Singapore? Is it Bataam? I've never been but supposed to be fab. September could be any weather really. You may get lucky, or maybe not.

How about Desaru, back to Malaysia?

Or stay in Singapore? Sentosa island?

By the way, you might get more response with this post in Singapore forum. If you want it shifted, just press the Moderator button and ask them to shift it. They won't mind...they're a friendly bunch
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel

KL to Singapore.
Well no beaches available between those destinations.
Some might say Port Dickson, but I'm sure your idea of a beach holiday wouldn't fit with that.
Desaru, maybe for a couple of days but nothing there really and the beach isn't great, steep with undertow on occasions.
Batam and the other nearby Indonesian Islands, well I feel you'd be disappointed.

Pulau Tioman is a possibility still wouldn't be top of my list by a long way.
Of course you could go in the opposite direction and try Penang, Langkawi or Phuket etc.
Although there are some nice ish beaches behind Changi Airport they haven't been developed with hotels and are used by campers in tents.
Sentosa is perhaps your best bet. Lots to do and a beach.

I'd say most people in the region consider a beach holiday as lounging next to the pool.

If you wanted a recommendation I'd say Malacca, but not for a week although over the years we've spent weeks there in total and still find new places each time we visit, but no beach in your sense anyway.
Lots of different class hotels to consider in Malacca, ffom the upmarket bijou Majestic and the new Casa del Rio??? to the Holiday Inn, too far away from the Jonkers area or the Equatorial maybe ditto.

There are now quite a few hotels around the Jonkers and Heritage sites some more expensive than others.
We've used the Baba House for years and like it although many might call it one step up from a backpackers. The Puri is similar but an upgrade after it was featured in a local TV series.
The Courtyard is also a newish hotel and has had many very good reviews.
Only the Holiday Inn, the Casa del Rio and the Equatorial of those I've mentioned have swimming pools.

If you decide on Malacca then just walk around Jonkers chatting to the locals in the 'antique shops' and art galleries. They are very friendly and interesting to talk to.
The Heritage area Museums are also interesting.
Food can be hit and miss unless you have tried a lot of the places and know where/what you like.

In all this I've assumed you are on holiday in Malaysia rather than living/working in KL in which case you probably have visited Malacca before.
If you have any other questions then ask away.

You can certainly book all the hotels mentioned on the internet.
Long time since we traveled by coach but I'd think the internet will also allow you to book or give you the phone numbers. There are loads of coach companies doing the KL to Sing trip and as many doing the stop off in Malacca.
Have you thought about hire car? I suppose if you are only travelling one way then that rules it out.

Last edited by ex reg; Jul 17th 2012 at 10:19 am.