Taipei Questions

Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taipei Questions

Yes, I had a very different idea of a typhoon before I came to Taiwan. I didn't realise how windy the UK is until I came here. What they call a typhoon is known as a bit of a blustery day back home, ime. I like the rain, though. The rain is definitely something else. Glad to hear you're all enjoying yourselves.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 1:49 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Now sitting at the departure lounge at Taoyuan, and I have to say, I'm not best pleased about it! I should be looking forward to going home, and I guess I am (dog is missing me, and has lost weight. Not so much the wife) but our stay here has just reignited my fascination with the Far East, and my desire to move back here. Not sure that is going to happen any time soon, although I was caught browsing International School websites so who knows, eh?

Anyway, I'm off, so will be disappearing back to the U.S. Boards mainly, although always keeping an eye on the Asian side......thanks for the chats over the last couple of months, and I hope you enjoy and appreciate your time here...I'm jealous!
Old Jul 18th 2015, 1:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Now sitting at the departure lounge at Taoyuan, and I have to say, I'm not best pleased about it! I should be looking forward to going home, and I guess I am (dog is missing me, and has lost weight. Not so much the wife) .....
Good grief, has it been four weeks already?
Old Jul 18th 2015, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Now sitting at the departure lounge at Taoyuan, and I have to say, I'm not best pleased about it! I should be looking forward to going home, and I guess I am (dog is missing me, and has lost weight. Not so much the wife) but our stay here has just reignited my fascination with the Far East, and my desire to move back here. Not sure that is going to happen any time soon, although I was caught browsing International School websites so who knows, eh?

Anyway, I'm off, so will be disappearing back to the U.S. Boards mainly, although always keeping an eye on the Asian side......thanks for the chats over the last couple of months, and I hope you enjoy and appreciate your time here...I'm jealous!
So glad you enjoyed your stay. I love living in Taiwan. Like everywhere else, it has its downsides (e.g look both ways before crossing at the green man) but for us they're far outweighed by the good. I was talking with my husband recently about where we might go next and neither of us could think of a better place to live.

But it's a well-kept secret, so don't spread it about, okay?