Round the World

Old Aug 10th 2002, 12:16 am
Just Joined

dbail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Round the World

I have heard of some very cheap business class rates from travel agents in bangkok. I am looking to travel from detriot to tokyo to bangkok to singapore to amsterdam and back to detroit.

any recommendations?
Old Aug 10th 2002, 2:00 am
Larry

Default Re: Round the World

In article <[email protected]>, dbail
<[email protected]> writes:

>I have heard of some very cheap business class rates from travel agents in bangkok.
    >I am looking to travel from detriot to tokyo to bangkok to singapore to amsterdam
    >and back to detroit.

Round-the-world cheap tickets require that you go always in the same direction (east
or west). Since Bangkok is west of Singapore, (a little, 100 E for Bangkok vs 103 E
for Singapore) you have a problem. Go the other way! Or find an agent who does not
care about that little difference. )

Larry at Morro Bay, California (seaotter #six at a o l dot com)

Old Aug 10th 2002, 7:44 am
I. Wilson Gittleman

On some RTW tickets one CAN go back to a city one has been before, and resume the
'forward' journey. I am quite sure -- it was my experience a few years ago definitely
-- that Bangkok is one of those cities.

The palest ink is better than the best memory. --Chinese proverb There is no end
to collecting books. --Book of Ecclesiastes To three possessions shalt thou look:
Acquire a field, a friend, a book. --Samuel haNagid, Vizier to the King of Granada

Old Aug 10th 2002, 1:11 pm
Wawa

"dbail" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:[email protected]...
    > I have heard of some very cheap business class rates from travel agents in bangkok.
    > I am looking to travel from detriot to tokyo to bangkok to singapore to amsterdam
    > and back to detroit.
    > any recommendations?

I would avoid amsterdam by all means

Old Aug 10th 2002, 2:26 pm
Not The Karl Orff

In article <[email protected]>, dbail
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have heard of some very cheap business class rates from travel agents in bangkok.
    > I am looking to travel from detriot to tokyo to bangkok to singapore to amsterdam
    > and back to detroit.

They're not as cheap ex-BKK as they once used to be.

Could try chawla travel (they have a web site)

Old Aug 11th 2002, 7:54 am
I. Wilson Gittleman

Wawa: Avoid Amsterdam? Why?

The palest ink is better than the best memory. --Chinese proverb There is no end
to collecting books. --Book of Ecclesiastes To three possessions shalt thou look:
Acquire a field, a friend, a book. --Samuel haNagid, Vizier to the King of Granada