Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Reply re: Hua Hin to Margy

Reply re: Hua Hin to Margy

Old Feb 13th 2002, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

MargoRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

( Having travel replying to original post ):-

There are many top class hotels. Excellent bungalows are Central Village, next to Sofitel, aound the 3,000-4,000 baht mark. However for around 1,600 baht beach hotels such as Golden Sands, Beach Gardens, Bluewave etc are good value. The beach/sea are not as picture postcard as Koh Samui but Hua Hin's benefits are that it is so cheap and quick to reach from Bangkok ( 2 adults and 2 kids together 1,600 by taxi or 2,400 be Mercedes Limo ). The 30 minute flight was on promotion at B 650 but is still very cheap at about B 1,200..
The number of hawkers is 'tiny' compared with Phuket or Samui, no-one pesters or hassles you at all. Jet-skis are banned.
Hua Hin often has the reputation of being very 'quiet', but that is when compared to bigger resorts of Phuket, Samui, Pattaya. There is still plenty to do in the evenings including Thai Boxing, Cultural and Cabaret Shows, restaurants, decent bars etc. Cheap market shoppong.
I am sure you will enjoy. Remember that the River Kwai is only 3 hours away, day trips exist but I would suggest the overnight deal. National park offers river cruises on converted local fishing boats, caves, deserted offshore islands. Several Elephant trek sites.