Old Mar 14th 2015, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

laosofficialemail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Laos Permenant Residence to Foreigners - Business or other

Hello,

I wanted to get an update from people who posted on this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/far-e...-719582/page3/

But it is closed.

Do you have any more information now in 2015 ?

What is the easiest way, and maybe cheapest to be able to stay in Laos as long as someone wants ?

Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:19 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laos Permenant Residence to Foreigners - Business or other

Hi and welcome to the forum

Yes, threads get closed up automatically if there hasn't been any activity for over a year. Regrettably, we don't get too many posters from Laos. Anyway, let's hope someone responds to this topic
Old Sep 24th 2015, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

wilsontkl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I m a Malaysian and now residing in central Laos close to a year. My wife is a Laotian and it seems that Laos government doesn't have any law for marriage visa. This really complicate things as I've gotta travel every month to the nearest border to get my passport chop. It is very troublesome and waste of time and money.

Anyone has any better suggestions as to go about long term in Laos without going thru the hassle.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 9:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say Welcome to the forum though, as you will see, we don't get too many posters in Laos unfortunately.

I'm probably not going to be of much use to you, but do you need to actually be in Laos? Presumably you don't have any kind of visa working there? Are you retired? Could you hop over the border into Thailand, live there, and get the retirement visa?

Or bring your wife back home to Malaysia?
Old Sep 30th 2015, 2:56 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Laos Visa - Tourist visa, Business visa, Visit visa, Transit visa, Diplomatic visa, Official visa, and Courtesy visa for Lao PDR

Maybe do some under the table deal on a business visa, it looks like a good bet.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 3:22 am
Just Joined

wilsontkl is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow its cold here.
I guess i could find more cheer at the cemetery.