Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

Kandi28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Hi, just seen some pretty awful stuff via my e mail, which is taking place in the Phillipines. I was thinking of visiting there to see my nephew who s backpacking there, but was horrified. Dogs are tortured and killed for the dinner table, I saw the most awful pics. ever. I thought it was a nice place to visit, but nowhere can be good if thats whats going on behind the sunny beaches and happy people. I will be crossing that off my places to visit map. I m going to stay in the E.U. at least we dont eat our cats and dogs.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:36 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

I'm afraid, Kandi, if you thought about it too much you wouldn't go to much of the world, including Europe. Go to Spain, see bulls being tortured for "entertainment".

I've lived in Asia and travelled widely there and there are many things with which I don't agree, and some against which I campaign, but you have to appreciate cultural differences.

Do you eat meat?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:50 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

As a meat eater I always found it bizarre that it is acceptable to eat cows for example but not dogs etc.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Angry Re: Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Hi, I am a vegetarian, but if I did eat meat[which I m happy to cook for family and friends] I wouldnt be cooking my dogs. In the U. K. we dont eat our cats and dogs do we, in fact I own German shepherd dogs who are actually used as search/rescue/police dogs, so can not imagine people wanting to eat them. In the press, we see hideous pics. of the dog markets in the phillipines, with cages of dogs crammed in with their legs broken, being killed in front of each other. Surely this cant be right. If they have to die cant it be done humanely. All this rhetoric about happy people and beautiful beaches is hard ti take on board when you see what goes on behind the scenes. At least finally, Spain is banning bullfighting, starting in Catulunya, there will always be cruelty in the world, and I have travelled, but there should never be a need to torture animals before they die. Also, I am aware the phillipinos have family dogs, so they have education. We cannot blame every cruelty, human or animal, on so called culture, we have moved on from the dark ages.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kandi28
Also, I am aware the phillipinos have family dogs, so they have education.
I don't doubt your ethics Kandi but I think my many Filipino friends would find that statement incredibly patronising.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:35 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
As a meat eater I always found it bizarre that it is acceptable to eat cows for example but not dogs etc.
I would agree with that too. And what about all those cute little lambs you see in the UK countryside - where do they end up? Lamb chops, right? And I do eat lamb quite often these days
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Wel, I dont eat meat so no cute little lambs for me thanks. I dont find it patronising to any race to say that animals should be tortured before being killed in a hideous way. I m sure that there are a lot of Filopinos there that do not like this. The dog markets there are probably avoide by anyone with any shred of compassion. Perhaps you should take a look at the Plhillipin animal websites, they live there and are trying to stop this, the pictures are so horrendous they will make you sick. You can obviously live in these places and live alongside it, but I am not patronising your phillipino friends as I m sure most phillopinos find it pretty unpleasant. But, if its so amazing out there we seem to have a lot of Phillipinos here, as humans seem to have a rough deal there as well due to poverty, so probably not the place of choice for a lot of Europeans to emigrate to. Be happy.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtN5LoM-ZNQ

Poor little chicks
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Unhappy Re: Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Wherever we choose to live in this world, none of us should condone dreadful cruelty to any animals, if you are fine with that so be it. What goes round comes round, reverse karma.Desert rat, note that you are married to a Phillipino, and you wanted to come back here. I wonder why, but then you can claim for her as well cant you. Us Brit girls are sooo bad, but we pay taxes for you all so you can overload all our hospitals, schools etc. I wonder if you are older than her, ha!

Last edited by Kandi28; Jan 2nd 2011 at 9:33 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:28 pm
Auntie Fa

Where does anybody on this thread condone cruelty?

I've been trying to be my usual polite self but you obviously didn't come on here wanting an intelligent discussion, you just wanted to post your ill-informed views based on something you saw on the internet.

You remind me of another poster a couple of years ago that did something similar. Give me a second to unsubscribe from the thread and then do your worst.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Unhappy Re: Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

Seasider, So you are saying that there are no dogs being killed and eaten in the Phillipines. You are a very deluded character,, as its real if you work for the Phillipine animal charities who are at the sharp end, and also going to schools to educate the young ones about it. I too, will post no more to ill educated types like yourself. Be happy in Australia.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:35 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I too, will post no more to ill educated types like yourself. Be happy in Australia.
Hey, hey. No need for that. Agree to disagree by all means but lets not direct negative comments at other members.

Thanks so much
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Wherever we choose to live in this world, none of us should condone dreadful cruelty to any animals, if you are fine with that so be it. What goes round comes round, reverse karma.Desert rat, note that you are married to a Phillipino, and you wanted to come back here. I wonder why, but then you can claim for her as well cant you. Us Brit girls are sooo bad, but we pay taxes for you all so you can overload all our hospitals, schools etc. I wonder if you are older than her, ha!
I was simply enquiring about coming back to England as its my country of birth and that of my forefathers.
I have no need of claiming for myself or any of my dependents. In fact I should be entitled to a large rebate as I continue to contribute to the British taxpayer through the taxes I pay on my businesses and properties in the UK and I have not used the health service etc for years.
You have become extremely judgemental based on myself posting a video about cruelty to animals so much so you actually checked out my previous posts.
However you are correct about one thing. My wife is younger than me......8 months younger than me to be precise.
We met in Hong Kong when i was serving with the British Army...one of my many overseas postings which also included seeing action in The Falkland Islands, Belize and 6 tours of Northern Ireland.
I appreciate many Western men marry Asian ladies because they say they find Western ladies sad. bitter and judgemental but I cant quite believe it myself!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

"Hi, I m new to this but need advice, as we re looking to move to Spain as we have good friends there.My husband is 65 and gets a State pension and Severe disibility allowance, but I m only 54 but get DLA for depression. If we move to Spain will he get any allowance for me, and will I still be able to have my DLA? My severe depression seems a bit better in the open spaces and warmer weather, its very hard back here. We just would like an easier life with our 2 dogs. We were looking to rent on the campo near our friends in the Hondon area and let our house here, but difficult to find rental that takes dogs, so we think the only option is to sell up here, and buy there instead, its all a bit confusing what to do! We just need to know that we can afford to live there. Sorry bit of a long post! Kandi."

This is one of your posts Kandi.
You are 11 years younger than your husband and would appear to be claiming every benefit available.
You will need to pay income tax on unearned income if you let your house and move to Spain.
I have a property in the Hondon area but unfortunately wont rent it to people on benefits.
People in glass houses etc
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Post Re: Hard for animal lovers in the Phillipines!

desert-rat, get your facts right. My husband has worked since he was 15 yrs. old, in the building trade, and worked , without a break for 2 heart attacks, until he was too ill, at 60 to work anymore. I met him when he was 32, and I was a nurse. I always worked, except when I had my children. I worked as a support worker, until 14 yrs. ago, when I was the victim of a a serious sexual attack and also lost a very close family memer in the same year. As a result of this, and other distressing things I do not want to go into on a forum, I suffer from severe depression. I was getting lots of therapy and support, but never applied for any benefits until 2006. Apparently, I should have claimed in 1997, but never bothered. My husband just recieves his old age pension, so we have not worked the system, he was self employed when he became ill, so we hardly recieved anything via state benefits. He has been left with unstable angina, and all the worries that go with it. We can just about hope hope to have the rest of our life in a warmer place, as angina is made worse by cold weather, and I just need the open space and a fresh start after the trauma of the last 14 yrs. I should not have to make my personel life made public, but we will not be called benefit scroungers. That is seriously offensive, and can be checked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.