Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Hands up if you're in Cambodia.

Hands up if you're in Cambodia.

Old Feb 13th 2012, 1:32 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hands up if you're in Cambodia.

Been here nearly 3 weeks. Working in PP. Have done the crazy road to Sihanoukville at the weekend and lived to tell the tale.

I like it here. Anyone on here in Cambodia? Good places to go/bars to drink in/sights to see/restuarants, etc?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 3:51 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hands up if you're in Cambodia.

was there a month ago on holiday. Found a nice bar with very comfortable sofas , jug of beer for 2$ and pool table. Run by a swiss guy opposite the Heart of Darkness
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

ChangeAgent is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in and out of the place for the last 12 years.

As for bars, there's one on every street corner, just depends what your looking for-girls or a game of dominoes...

Restaurants, again almost every street corner, depends what food you like-halal, vegetarian...

The countryside, Kampot, Kep or even just a quick trip across the river on that little ferry down near Nagaworld will take you to a fresh scene...

Some useful site:
http://www.canbypublications.com/
http://khmer440.com/chat_forum/
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=u...nivong&f=false
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:08 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChangeAgent
I've been in and out of the place for the last 12 years.

As for bars, there's one on every street corner, just depends what your looking for-girls or a game of dominoes...

Restaurants, again almost every street corner, depends what food you like-halal, vegetarian...

The countryside, Kampot, Kep or even just a quick trip across the river on that little ferry down near Nagaworld will take you to a fresh scene...

Some useful site:
http://www.canbypublications.com/
http://khmer440.com/chat_forum/
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=u...nivong&f=false
Thank you, ChangeAgent. Useful to know.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

ChangeAgent is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries,

I've just had another job offer there and so could be back in 2 weeks. If you do a google search there are one or two websites with good bar reviews. There's always new places opening up and as I said it depends what you're looking for.

If you're more specific I could give you more info!

BTW, what are you doing there? If you like we could hook up when I get there and I could show you one or two hidden gems!

Take it easy.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:17 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by ChangeAgent
No worries,

I've just had another job offer there and so could be back in 2 weeks. If you do a google search there are one or two websites with good bar reviews. There's always new places opening up and as I said it depends what you're looking for.

If you're more specific I could give you more info!

BTW, what are you doing there? If you like we could hook up when I get there and I could show you one or two hidden gems!

Take it easy.
Nice one. I'll send you a PM.