Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Hand , Foot and Mouth ?

Hand , Foot and Mouth ?

Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:17 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hand , Foot and Mouth ?

So they've closed the KG section in my sons' school for a week because of Hand , Foot and Mouth disease as a precaution so they can do some deep cleaning . There is a school in our area that has closed completely .
This happens every year it seems but what with this virulent strain that is in Cambodia right now that has killed a hundred odd I was wondering what was happening elsewhere in the region ?

Anyone know anything ?
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 1:00 am
Just Joined

lectureral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hand , Foot and Mouth ?

There was a bit of a flap here in Phnom Penh a couple of months ago but it seems to have died down now. I do know one expat whose four children caught it but they are all ok now. The real problem here in Cambodia seems to be with Cambodian children who either were already vulnerable (malnourished, suffering also from other diseases such as dengue or malaria) or, as Beat Richner believes, received bad treatments from private clinics.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:00 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand , Foot and Mouth ?

My sons school in KL was closed back in June for a week as were several other International Schools in the area. I believe that it is a legal requirement for schools here to close if there are > X number of cases reported at the school.
Our paediatrician told me she had seen more cases in the first half of this year than for the entire year prior so a bad year for it in KL.