Enoughs enough

Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enoughs enough

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Whatever old man. Try not to fall and break your hip

I have one original hip and one replacement which was inserted by a Thai Carpenter of best Burmese Teak Wood.
Requires routine maintenance every month, a squirt of WD 40, and some anti wood boring beetle spray. It's lasted 3 years so far and only creaks when it rains and when I swim, as I do every morning about 200 yards, gets some funny looks but I'm used to it.Amuses my granddaughter when she swims with me.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:13 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the dates Gregorian, not British?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Aren't the dates Gregorian, not British?
I'm not as well educated as you.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:21 am
Just Joined

RedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant futureRedSquirrel has a brilliant future

At least the attack on London was on the 7th of July. Even the Americans can't get that date confused...
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedSquirrel
At least the attack on London was on the 7th of July. Even the Americans can't get that date confused...
was it 7/07/05 or 07/7/05...
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:12 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Whatever old man. Try not to fall and break your hip
Old and grumpy i guess
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wellington,

This is to do with British Ex-pats, if you read my starter,happens to be in Far East because that's where I live.
Mr Wellington sir,
The forums are for items of interest in the chosen topic, not for inputs from your address....maybe the take it outside or lounge forum would be the better place.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydays
Mr Wellington sir,
The forums are for items of interest in the chosen topic, not for inputs from your address....maybe the take it outside or lounge forum would be the better place.
don't encourage him please, I've got enough on my plate as it is.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manc
don't encourage him please, I've got enough on my plate as it is.
And a bloody Happy Christmas to you all
try the Foie Gras before the turkey, after the turkey, with the cheese, and on top of a mince pie.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

KhunWellington,

The attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania, are USA history, not British history. I think we are entitled to date them however we wish.

More to your point, if it isn't so much the dating system that upsets you, could you please be more specific about the item(s) of British history that you feel we Yanks have meddled with?

I'd also be interested in your thoughts on the Thai history that Brit Anna Leonowens misrepresented.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Wellington,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should read and absorb before blasting off on the wrong tack;
British History should not be meddled with by the US, it's not just dates,that's a minor issue,the thin end of the wedge; not seriously expecting anything to change; it won't; but why should THE BRITISH need lessons in history from the Young America.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 7:20 am
Just Joined

sharonb is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys

go on get ready for boxing day :scared:
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=jeffreyhy]KhunWellington,

The attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania, are USA history, not British history. I think we are entitled to date them however we wish.

More to your point, if it isn't so much the dating system that upsets you, could you please be more specific about the item(s) of British history that you feel we Yanks have meddled with?

I'd also be interested in your thoughts on the Thai history that Brit Anna Leonowens misrepresented.................(QUOTE)

para3).........IRREVELANT

para2)..........I started this tonque in cheek; and it is the dating sytem US have meddled with.

para1)...Rubbish; this is all WORLD HISTORY;
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Khun Wellington,

Interesting - USA meddling is relevant but British meddling is not.

You started off with the date system. Then you said "it's not just dates,that's a minor issue". Now you're back to emphasizing the USA meddling with the date system again. Please make up your mind.

You Brits can continue to use whatever date system you wish, and we citizens of the USA will continue to use the system that we prefer thank you very much. But I am curious to know why it irks you so, as you are living in Thailand and they use the system that you prefer. Our US preference has no effect on you so why does it concern you?

Regards, JEff

[QUOTE=Wellington,]
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
KhunWellington,

I'd also be interested in your thoughts on the Thai history that Brit Anna Leonowens misrepresented.................(QUOTE)

para3).........IRREVELANT

para2)..........I started this tonque in cheek; and it is the dating sytem US have meddled with.

para1)...Rubbish; this is all WORLD HISTORY;
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=jeffreyhy]Khun Wellington,

Interesting - USA meddling is relevant but British meddling is not.

You started off with the date system. Then you said "it's not just dates,that's a minor issue". Now you're back to emphasizing the USA meddling with the date system again. Please make up your mind.

You Brits can continue to use whatever date system you wish, and we citizens of the USA will continue to use the system that we prefer thank you very much. But I am curious to know why it irks you so, as you are living in Thailand and they use the system that you prefer. Our US preference has no effect on you so why does it concern you?

Regards, JEff

I suppose it has a little to do with why Americans call a shopping Mall(as in Pall Mall) a maul, which to us means a Rugby scrum
or a TomARTO a Tomate o and so on .There was nothing wrong with English as spoken by the English so why didn't you start a new language all together instead of "mauling " ours