Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Bit cheeky but give me a chance!

Bit cheeky but give me a chance!

Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

luceo non uro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bit cheeky but give me a chance!

Hi all,

first time to the forum and would like you (hopefully) friendly peoples advice. I'm a Designer/Production/Sub-Ed type looking to move... anywhere really! If anyone has any publishing contacts it would be most appreciated.

I'll read through all the threads for general advice etc, but throwing this out in case anyone has specific leads etc. for me to follow up.

Hope someone can help. Thanks guys
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:41 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit cheeky but give me a chance!

Give us a clue - where are you looking to move to?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Seasider
Give us a clue - where are you looking to move to?
If I must

To be honest i don't mind really. Can't be picky in this current climate. I'm working in Dubai at the moment, briefly worked in Japan and am just looking for a change of scene.

I have romantic notions of helping set up a newspaper or magazine in a remote part of China, but earning megabucks for a huge multinational would do i guess

So yeah; China, Malaysia, Taiwan maybe?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:06 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've worked as Studio Manager for a small design agency in Singapore and know quite a few media lovies but TBH I would think it's slim pickings there at the moment.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

I've worked as Studio Manager for a small design agency in Singapore and know quite a few media lovies but TBH I would think it's slim pickings there at the moment.
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I guess it's going to be tough finding anything in the current climate. I don't have to move as I think my job is fairly secure, just really keen to get out of this sand trap for pastures new.

Are you still involved in that line of work? It sounds like you've moved on from that.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:57 am
Auntie Fa

I was only ever a pretender, TBH. Helped a mate expand his business but more of a Project Manager with transferrable skills than a media professional.

Currently unemployed by choice but hoping to get back out there, just trying to work out what I want to do and how to persuade somebody to pay me for doing it. Not very hopeful, really.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:15 am
Just Joined

I was only ever a pretender, TBH. Helped a mate expand his business but more of a Project Manager with transferrable skills than a media professional.

Currently unemployed by choice but hoping to get back out there, just trying to work out what I want to do and how to persuade somebody to pay me for doing it. Not very hopeful, really.
I see. Well, good luck with that! I'll keep looking and hope something turns up. What's the industry like over there generally?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:54 am
Auntie Fa

Very incestuous, certainly among the small agencies. Everybody seems to have a share in everybody else's business; not always a good thing. Lots of Brits. Lots of hard drinkers.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Very incestuous, certainly among the small agencies. Everybody seems to have a share in everybody else's business; not always a good thing. Lots of Brits. Lots of hard drinkers.
Haha, right... much like Dubai then I guess. Far too many people over here doing jobs they shouldn't though!