Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

just be prepared with going out with a filipina as you shall be shocked when she arrives with a family member so there is no chance of any hanky panky
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:20 pm
Aeo
Just Joined

Aeo is an unknown quantity at this point

True.

I once picked up a verry beautiful tall Filipino girl in a bar. One of those 6 or 7 women for every man.

Problem was she was one of the reasons there are 6-7 women for every man:

she had been one.......

(shudder.....)

haha
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
I am looking at moving to somewhere in Asia, what I need is somewhere cheapish, with good broadband to do my job and sunshine!

I am also single and keen to get involved in the dating scene so I was wondering which countries had an abundance of single Asian women who still adore the western man!

Thanks guys!

p.s. I do not mean prostitutes either.
Dan, don't discount Japan. I first went there 23 years ago and it was horribly expensive, but they've had deflation for the past 15 years and if you're frugal you can live quite cheaply (OK, not compared with Cambodia, say, but you could probably live more cheaply in Japan than you could in UK). Having said that the pound's recent plunge won't buy you that many yen...

Don't know how qualified you are--but teaching English always used to be the young man's job in Japan, and although it doesn't pay that well it does give you access (or at least introductions) to many women of different ages. Japanese women are reasonably approachable, but you need to understand the culture: you can't just barge into a bar and expect the women to flock to you. Nevertheless, the Japanese are great Anglophiles, so make sure you play your cards right...

What you do get from Japanese women, IMHO, is the benefit of both their ancient and modern history (and culture). The ancient history brings the concept of respect, honesty, integrity, respect for the old, cleanliness and self-discipline. The modern history (going back to the Meiji Restoration) brings huge respect for the Industrial Revolution and social engineering of the West, in particular the UK. So they like us Brits. Be a gentlemen and you'll be OK.

And the place is fabulous: beautiful scenery, order, super food, great beer, friendly natives, and gorgeous gorgeous girls. I could list all the downsides, but won't: take the beneift of the positives, and work round (or even try to improve) the negatives.

Have fun.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Hi Dan, I've travelled to some of Asia and admired the ladies and life style, however a holiday is not ordinary every day life.
Like being in London as a single guy, busy place but lonely without friends.
The Philippines was "Americanised" some years ago and the English language is spoken widely. Middle class Filipinos will converse with you when out and about if they feel like it. Road signs and labels etc are all in English. The Filipinos do not respect the chaps who come here to sit and booze their time away. They will always smile and greet you if you appear friendly.
Seek an expat group area for a start and then explore the surroundings.
You cannot buy land in the Philippines but you can own an apartment if its value is less than 40% of the total value.
Tourism is not very active presently, maybe a small hotel would negotiate long stay rates.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
excellen't reply
Excellent only if you are as thick as two short planks.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:31 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Indonesia looks good, women seem pretty liberal there, which is a surprise seeing as a Muslim country!