Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

anyone got a slingbox?

anyone got a slingbox?

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:52 am
Just Joined

nova2727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone got a slingbox?

yes,you will need a tv licence in the uk to view your channels worldwide.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nova2727
yes,you will need a tv licence in the uk to view your channels worldwide.
Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

aharbour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thedrifter991
i have a slingbox in uk,full sky package,anyone want to swap for usa tv
I am interested - i live in NY
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

geurtd is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone recommend an online shop to buy the pal version?
I would greatly appreciate that.

Thx
Old Oct 14th 2007, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

nova2727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: anyone got a slingbox?

try www.ebay.co.uk
or even www.pcworld.co.uk
they sell the uk slingbox.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

What's the picture quality like via a slingbox - is it the same as watching TV normally?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:30 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if I buy a Freeview digital recording box, will I be able to control that from here in the States?
I'm really thinking of doing this wee project when tax time rolls around
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

aharbour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fanny_jeffers
if you want to swap channels especially singapore/thai/hong kong sports channels for UK tv, please contact me.
I would be interested in an exchange - i have a slingbox connected to a verizon fios cable tv feed with hundreds of channels and a massive upload speed
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:46 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

The Slingbox quality depends a lot on the bandwidth. Yes, it is like watching TV to some extent--you can see the ball pretty good in a football match, but it isn't the same sharpness that you are used to. It's kind of like a medium quality over the air feed (i.e. antenna).

I think there is a site where you can test one out for free...hang on...

http://www.thetelly.net/

I have one I used to watch stuff in my office, but recently I've been using TVAnts and Sopcast far more frequently than my Slingbox. There is just so much more on than the package I have at home (both of those programs are free).
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
The Slingbox quality depends a lot on the bandwidth. Yes, it is like watching TV to some extent--you can see the ball pretty good in a football match, but it isn't the same sharpness that you are used to. It's kind of like a medium quality over the air feed (i.e. antenna).

I think there is a site where you can test one out for free...hang on...

http://www.thetelly.net/

I have one I used to watch stuff in my office, but recently I've been using TVAnts and Sopcast far more frequently than my Slingbox. There is just so much more on than the package I have at home (both of those programs are free).
Really interested in something like this.

But with the throttling down in download speed inside Singapore that seems to happen from websites based outside Singapore then I wonder if my download speed would be adequate.

Anyone in Singapore use one????????
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Woowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I use one in Singapore and at times it can be temperamental, especially at weekends. I use the medium speed option from Starhub (6mb download I think whatever that is). Football and Rugger can be a bit blurred when they use the long range camera, but it is a lot better when they flick to match side cameras. Sound is normally ok. Other programmes seem ok and I've been chuffed to bits to be able to use the PAL since its launch. Of course it's far better to have Sky digitial recorder at home to record the programmes you want.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:20 am
Just Joined

andrean is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who wants to swap with nova greece channels please send me pm
Many movies in English many sports
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

chris0_2001uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrean
Anyone who wants to swap with nova greece channels please send me pm
Many movies in English many sports
I am interesting in your offer
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

andrean is an unknown quantity at this point

to chris0+2001 uk
cant send pm right now
please send me slingbox info at [email protected]
will send you mine
Bye
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

AloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

Anyone else interested in a swap. I live in the US and have the following, Fox Soccer Channel, HBO, Starz, Showtime, All the other Comcast extended cable channels.

I am looking to swap for BBC/ITV or Sky Sports would be totally amazing! :-)

Please pm me if interested. Thanks!.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.