Reload this Page >

Driving and accomadation in Teneriffe

Driving and accomadation in Teneriffe

Old Jun 4th 2002, 8:32 am
Rog
Just Joined

Rog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving and accomadation in Teneriffe

I've often visited Teneriffe but so far have gone on package holidays. Great as far as it goes but I really would like to take my car to the Island and stay a tad longer than just two weeks.

Has anyone any information and advice regarding the best way to make the journey from the UK? In particular times, ports, and rough costs. It loos like Cadiz - Canaries is the only option ---?

In addition, any information on budget hotels / whatever that offer bed & breakfast style accomadation?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 5th 2002, 1:20 am
Brian Smith

Default Re: Driving and accomadation in Teneriffe

"Rog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I've often visited Teneriffe but so far have gone on package holidays. Great as far
    > as it goes but I really would like to take my car to the Island and stay a tad
    > longer than just two weeks.
    >
    > Has anyone any information and advice regarding the best way to make the journey
    > from the UK? In particular times, ports, and rough costs. It loos like Cadiz -
    > Canaries is the only option TEST?
    >
    > In addition, any information on budget hotels / whatever that offer bed & breakfast
    > style accomadation?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

Cadiz - Canaries is indeed the only car carrying ferry connection.
http://www.trasmediterranea.es/ I don't have prices, but I would suspect that you
would have to stay for quiet a long time to cover the costs of taking your car all
the way from the UK and back. If you stay too long you may have to re-register your
car on the Canaries, or get a residentia (living/working permit). You may have
trouble getting the customs to believe that your are taking you car away again and
they might insist that you pay import duty when you arrive. Most people who ship a
car in via Cadiz do so because they are going to live on the island permanantly. You
might be better hiring a scooter for daily use and a car for the occasional day
trips. You can get pretty good discount on car hire if you rent for (say) 2 months
from a local firm.

Brian www.islalapalma.com

Old Jun 5th 2002, 9:58 am
Rog
Just Joined

Rog is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads - up Brian, I wondered if there was a car ferry from any other port.

Also accomadation in other than the big package holiday box-like hotels? Anyone any ideas please?
Old Jun 5th 2002, 7:21 pm
Brian Smith

"Rog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the heads - up Brian, I wondered if there was a car ferry from any
    > other port.
    >
    > Also accomadation in other than the big package holiday box-like hotels? Anyone any
    > ideas please?

Try http://tenerife-accommodaties.pagina.nl/ it's a dutch language page of links ..
should speak for itself.

Brian www.islalapalma.com

Old Jun 5th 2002, 8:21 pm
Tom

Rog schrieb:
    >
    > Thanks for the heads - up Brian, I wondered if there was a car ferry from any
    > other port.
    >
    > Also accomadation in other than the big package holiday box-like hotels? Anyone any
    > ideas please?
    >
Head up to the north coast and avoid the tourist ghettos of the south. The weather is
not so good but the flowers are beautiful and you'll probably find that hotel you're
looking for. Tom
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

--
Note: the sender's address which is displayed in the header may be different from the
real address.

To reply, please be sure to mail "tandp at freenet dot de"