Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Russia — requesting visa info as there is a dearth of it elsewhere!

Want to move to Russia — requesting visa info as there is a dearth of it elsewhere!

Old Mar 15th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Ivor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to move to Russia — requesting visa info as there is a dearth of it elsewhere!

Hello, I'm Ivor, 25 years old from Carmarthenshire in the southwest of Wales, though many events have led to me living in Surrey. My lovely fiancée is Russian, doing her doctorate in the UK, we visited Russia last year and I absolutely fell in love with the country, we were planning on moving to Russia after we got married but a variety of factors have led to us to decide that we want to make the move as soon as we can. We are getting married, but we want to have a proper wedding and not a rushed one, so it seems as though it will be happening after we make our move. I come from an agricultural background and we want to purchase a farm. Both her and I can't find much information on Russian migration visas on the internet, but I assume that I will be subjected to a more rigorous set of requirements than I would've been if I were emigrating as her husband and not her fiancé. If anyone has any information on Russian visas, especially with regards to a person who wants to farm in Russia, it would be great if you could share it with me! Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:09 am
Just Joined

kotletki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to move to Russia — requesting visa info as there is a dearth of it elsewher

Originally Posted by Ivor
Hello, I'm Ivor, 25 years old from Carmarthenshire in the southwest of Wales, though many events have led to me living in Surrey. My lovely fiancée is Russian, doing her doctorate in the UK, we visited Russia last year and I absolutely fell in love with the country, we were planning on moving to Russia after we got married but a variety of factors have led to us to decide that we want to make the move as soon as we can. We are getting married, but we want to have a proper wedding and not a rushed one, so it seems as though it will be happening after we make our move. I come from an agricultural background and we want to purchase a farm. Both her and I can't find much information on Russian migration visas on the internet, but I assume that I will be subjected to a more rigorous set of requirements than I would've been if I were emigrating as her husband and not her fiancé. If anyone has any information on Russian visas, especially with regards to a person who wants to farm in Russia, it would be great if you could share it with me! Cheers
Hi Ivor,

As you may know already Russian beurocratic system works in the strange ways. Very similar to DVLA actually. Some requests go in...MAGIC happens ... boom outcome (completely unpredictable most of the time) . I am certain you will not find your answer here.

<snip>

Good Luck

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 21st 2018 at 11:12 am. Reason: Rather spammy for a newbie! Pls join in the forums properly before making recommendations.