Reload this Page >

UK settlement visa holder able to work in Europe

UK settlement visa holder able to work in Europe

Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Eagle60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK settlement visa holder able to work in Europe

Hi

My non-EU wife has a UK Settlement Visa, which allows her to work in the UK.

If I were offered a job in another EU country (ie. Netherlands), would she be able to join me and work there too?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK settlement visa holder able to work in Europe

Yes.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Eagle60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Yes.
Ok thanks. Is there any chance it could affect her chances of getting ILR in the UK when that comes up?

Also, just confirming she would not need to apply for any kind of visa to work in the Netherlands?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 11:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eagle60
Hi

My non-EU wife has a UK Settlement Visa, which allows her to work in the UK.

If I were offered a job in another EU country (ie. Netherlands), would she be able to join me and work there too?
Yes, not because she holds a UK visa, but because you would be an EEA citizen exercising your treaty rights in another member state and she would be eligible to join you under EEA freedom of movement rules.

Originally Posted by Eagle60
Ok thanks. Is there any chance it could affect her chances of getting ILR in the UK when that comes up?

Also, just confirming she would not need to apply for any kind of visa to work in the Netherlands?
If she hasn't received ILR before you go then moving to the Netherlands would reset the clock on her settlement route and you'll need to start that again, i.e. another five years of UK residence.

She'll need to apply for a residence card/permit as the family member of an EEA citizen when you arrive in the Netherlands. Each country's process differs slightly but the principle is the same.