Tax Havens

Old Jan 13th 2002, 12:20 pm
Desmond Coughlan

Le Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:12:51 GMT, Go Fig <[email protected]> a écrit :

{ snip }

[usenetquote2]>> > How many hours ?[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]>> I work 35 hours per week. I probably pay a couple of euros per month of my wages,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> to social services. It's money well spent, as far I'm concerned.[/usenetquote2]

>
    >
    >

You misunderstood. I pay a few euros, other people in gainful employment pay a few
euros ... etc.

{ snip }

>

I answered your question: I work 35 hours a week, and have no need to work one second
longer. France, despite its many faults, has a social security system and a National
Health System that are second to none. Those who seek help, will get it, and it is
right and proper that I, as a taxpayer, contribute to that system.

--
Desmond Coughlan desmond @ noos.fr http://mapage.noos.fr/desmond/ Clé Publique :
http://mapage.noos.fr/desmond/pgp/pubring.pkr

Old Jan 13th 2002, 12:39 pm
Go Fig

>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > How many hours ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> I work 35 hours per week. I probably pay a couple of euros per month of my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> wages, to social services. It's money well spent, as far I'm concerned.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Money well spent... pathetic... your willing to give these people a few euros a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > month to keep them living just above subsistence... instead of forcing the many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that can be accountable and responsible for their own wellbeing.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You sniped this... dont like the reality ?

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> > How many HOURS a week are you willing to work for this bargain you tout so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > highly ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Thats a lie.

>
    >
    >
    >

This answer points to the fundamental problem... no accountability... Im sure that
you have never even bothered to review your personal 'National Health System that
are second to none' bill ... after all your not paying for it... the guy down the
street is.

Do your review your bill for diner... or just pay ?

jay Sun, Jan 13, 2002 mailto:[email protected]

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject... Galileo muttered under his breath:
"Nevertheless, it does move."

Old Jan 13th 2002, 1:03 pm
Desmond Coughlan

Le Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:39:27 GMT, Go Fig <[email protected]> a écrit :

{ snip }

[usenetquote2]>> You misunderstood. I pay a few euros, other people in gainful employment pay a few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> euros ... etc.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]>> { snip }[/usenetquote2]

>

You are interpreting my snipping two lines, as my having some sort of hidden agenda,
or my desire to 'avoid' the truth ?

[usenetquote2]>> These homeless individuals with your euros will suffer from many many illnesses[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> and a life expectancy considerably shorter.[/usenetquote2]

I snipped this because it didn't seem to be relevant. Yes, they will suffer from
'many many illnesses', but I fail to see in which way this is an argument for
avoiding paying extra taxes, which was the original question in the thread.

[usenetquote2]>> > How many HOURS a week are you willing to work for this bargain you tout so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > highly ?[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]>> I answered your question:[/usenetquote2]

>

You asked me how many hours a week I am willing to work. I answered : 35 hours.

In what way does this constitute not answering your question ?

{ snip }

>
    >
    >
    >

Well strictly speaking, being in gainful employment since leaving university, I _am_
'paying for it'.

>

I pay it. Why, don't you ? Isn't that illegal in your country ?

--
Desmond Coughlan desmond @ noos.fr http://mapage.noos.fr/desmond/ Clé Publique :
http://mapage.noos.fr/desmond/pgp/pubring.pkr

Old Jan 13th 2002, 1:19 pm
Go Fig

>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> You misunderstood. I pay a few euros, other people in gainful employment pay a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> few euros ... etc.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> { snip }[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > You sniped this... dont like the reality ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> These homeless individuals with your euros will suffer from many many illnesses[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> and a life expectancy considerably shorter.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

I see... as long as you pay your tax... you dont care about results... the same is
not true with private personal contributions.

>
    >
    >

Perhaps when you dont have the high tax you will donate to organizations that get
things done... churches come to mind.
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > How many HOURS a week are you willing to work for this bargain you tout so[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> > highly ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> I answered your question:[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Thats a lie.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

If you work 35 hours a week and give it all to the taxes for the homeless... how do
you survive?
    >
    >

Geezz.. how hard is it... how many hours a week will you give that compensation
earned to someone who is not willing to work ?
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > This answer points to the fundamental problem... no accountability... Im sure[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that you have never even bothered to review your personal 'National Health System[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that are second to none' bill ... after all your not paying for it... the guy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > down the street is.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

That is a fundamental problem.... your not and that is why you avoid the
underlying question.

>
[usenetquote2]> > Do your review your bill for diner... or just pay ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

So if there is an extra coffee... an Entree... you just pay for it ?

jay Sun, Jan 13, 2002 mailto:[email protected]

Why, don't you ? Isn't that illegal in your country ?

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject... Galileo muttered under his breath:
"Nevertheless, it does move."