Reload this Page >

Taking our profession Abroad

Taking our profession Abroad

Old Aug 13th 2015, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Hugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking our profession Abroad

Good Afternoon/Morning

Firstly i apoligse if this question i am about to ask is stupid. i am currently serving in the army and my time has come now to leave, we are looking to move abroad. preferbly to the canaries. do they have job oportunities for British Vets over there?
i am currently finding it difficult to find the answer through the RCVS
Old Aug 13th 2015, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking our profession Abroad

What is your profession exactly Hugo? Obviously you are a prof soldier,but within that do you do anything particular.? I can't really help you on the Canaries as I live in Portugal.I would suggest you ask your question again on the Spanish site. My first thought is that that is a small pond to go looking in for a job in these difficult times.However your background could be useful in something like Hotel security. In any event good luck with your search.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Agh sorry I forgot to mention I am a Medical Officer (Doctor) I have spoken to a lot of guys I know in the field so getting a job is not the problem, I only worry about my Wife who is a Vet. We are both 25 so still relatively young.

Thank you the sharp response. I will take my question over to the Spanish side.

Regards

Hugo
Old Aug 14th 2015, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if you felt the response was 'sharp' !! I hope you mean't 'quick' lol..

In any event It does sound as if you and your wife are more than qualified to find jobs wherever you wish.Only problem I can see would be the language..Good Luck
Old Aug 14th 2015, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Ahaha yes Sharp as in Fast my apologies. I have a year left so I think Spanish lessons are in order. Thank you take care

Hugo
Old Aug 15th 2015, 11:47 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a great example of choice of language, and how meaning can so easily be misconstrued.

Not only the use of 'sharp', a soldier asking about "job opportunities for British Vets" brought to mind a totally different kind of animal to the ones intended !