Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Selwo Hills, Costa del Sol?

Selwo Hills, Costa del Sol?

Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

ttbr2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Andy and Roy for taking the time to write and explain what happened at the community meeting and for your advice.

My husband and I emailed Mr Fernandez at Proibinsa at the email address below. Our solicitor gave us this information and told us he was the person we needed to contact there.

[email protected]

We complained about the grounds and the problems we were having with our apartment, we stated that if improvements were not made then we were not prepared to complete on time.

He said that our apartment was exactly the same as the show flat, and the grounds have been done in order to the architecture plan. He went on to say that if we did not complete on time he would take legal action against us.

We have since emailed him again several times and have received no further response from him.

We have also emailed Muller several times and they have said that it is out of their hands.

My husband and I are also happy to give our email addresses too.

Jackie
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Paul Kim West is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: selwo hills

Originally posted by andy ramage
Hello fellow Selwo owners

I´ve just been reading the various messages and would like to add my own input. My name is Andy Ramage and my wife, Karen and I have just completed on apartment 1611 ( in the smaller section). We live in Sevilla and have recently bought a couple of apartments on the Costa del Sol, including Selwo. As we have 14 years experience of living here and forming part of a Comunidad de Vecinos I wanted to comment on some of the decisions made at the first Comunidad (Community) meeting.

The meeting was to say the least chaotic but that was almost to be expected. The upshot of the meeting was that we have officially appointed an Administrator who in conjunction with the president will take care of the daý to day running of the Community. She will organise all the maintenance contracts and represent us in any conversations / disputes with the developer , Town hall and suppliers. Her name is María Alvarez Planell and she speaks good English. She currently manages several other developments in the area. Administrators are required to be independent advisors, free from the influence of the developer. However in reality the initial Administrator is generally appointed by the developer as they have to get things up and running so they go to someone they can trust. In the short to medium term we have to ensure that she´s batting on our side at all times. I have no reason to doubt María's professionalism but everyone should know that we as a Community can switch Administrators as we see fit. Like all of our suppliers she has to come up to scratch and it´s down to the President and his team to ensure that she does.

We also elected a President , Vice president and 2 or 3 other volunteers. Their names will be circulated to all owners together with the minutes of the meeting. The role of President is an important one and carries with it certain legal responsibilities. Anyone who is up for the job should look into this and check on what they are getting themselves into. In a development like Selwo it´s important that the President is a full-time resident as he/ she needs to be available to deal with matters that may arise and to countersign cheques etc.

The biggest bone of contention at the meeting was that Proibinsa didn´t send a representative! They were under no legal requirement to do so but frankly it was an appalling lapse on their part and demonstrates an obvious unwillingness to face our criticisms regarding the gardens. As you probably know there are a lot of people who are very disappointed with the presentation of the gardens and the absence of kids pools, waterfalls etc. The fact that the gardens aren´t finished yet whilst a pain isn´t the real concern. Proibinsa have a team of guys working there every day and it shouldn´t be long before the planting, turfing is completed. What we do about the garden design is a bigger and more complex issue. The absolute minimum we all need to do is send a written complaint to Proibinsa. Moaning amongst ourselves will not get the problem solved, maybe 108 letters of complaint will!

Unfortunately those of us who have signed our contracts have legally accepted things as they stand. That doesn´t mean we can´t change things but it weakens our position. I would ask that those who as yet have not signed, make a lot of noise. If Proibinsa see that people are delaying completion and costing them money they may be more amenable to at least putting in kids' pools. A few people at the meeting said that they had no choice but to sign on a given date. That is most definitely NOT the case. Nobody is obliged to complete on a purchase until the Town Hall have issued a Licencia de Primera Ocupación - and we haven´t got ours yet. This is basically a legal document issued by the Town Hall confirming that Proibinsa have met all their requirements and that the development/service roads have been finished to the agreed standards. The only reason that Karen and I signed was that we had a time limit on our mortgage offer, otherwise we would have held out until all the paperwork was in place.

The other major piece of business discussed was the budget for maintaining the development . It was eventually approved which worries the hell out of me as the figures quoted seem disproportionally high. The first years budget is around 290,000 euros which divided between 108 apartments is €2685pa or €223 a month. In reality this figure will vary as 3 bed apartments will pay pay more than 2 beds. The charge is fixed by calculating the square metres of each apartment as a percentage of the whole development.

That is a very high community charge! We have another apartment in a very similar development in Marbella and we only pay €136. The gardens are probably 3 times bigger and the rest of the maintenance requirements are very similar to Selwo, with the exception of night time security. I would strongly recommend that all maintenance contracts are looked at very closely before signing. Experience proves that if you start off with a high community charge it will not get cheaper as time goes on. We need to negotiate the best possible contracts from Day One. We are a large Community and as such represent a juicy bit of business to the local suppliers. It is important that all contracts must detail exactly what is required of the supplier down to the smallest detail. That is the only way we will have any comeback if we deem that the service isn´t up to scratch. Part of the Administrators job is to check that all services are carried out satisfactorily. Unfortunately as time goes on a lot of Administrators limit themselves to signing cheques. It is also a sad fact of life that some Administrators get a kickback from their pet suppliers, so looking for the best price isn´t always in their interest. This is where the President and the Committee play a vital role in cracking the whip.

On a practical note Community minutes are circulated to individual apartments. If you are a permanent resident there´s no problem but if you live overseas you may not get to see them. I would recommend that you ask the Administrator to send copies to your home address. Her details are as follows:

María Alvarez Planell
Rivera Abogados, c/ Real 72, 3ª planta
29680 Estepona
Tel: 00 34 952 798080
fax: 00 34 952 798210

I agree that this forum is a great place for keeping up to date and for sharing opinions. I am going to write to María and ask her to notify all the owners of the existence of this forum. The more communication we enjoy the better for all of us.

On a final note I would ask everyone to think hard about employing full-time security guards. It is a huge expense and on a personal note I really don´t think it is necessary. I got the distinct impression at the meeting that there are a lot of paranoid people about - time to stop reading the Daily Mail / Express!!. We´ve lived here 14 years and have never been burgled. Our apartment complex in Marbella has no security apart from locks and common sense and one year on we haven´t had any break-ins. Obviously it could happen but I really don´t want to live in Colditz. If you are of a nervous disposition, get an alarm. As more and more people settle in to the complex we can keep an eye on our own security. How many of you live in gated community in Britain?

Now that I have set the cat among the pigeons I´ll sign off. I look forward to a lively correspondence.

Best Regards
Andy Ramage
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Paul Kim West is an unknown quantity at this point

we have just taken on our apartment at selwo hills and on the whole are pleased, just the gardens and pool area that let it down

Just like to thank andy for letting us know what happened at the
meeting on friday
we are now not totaly in the dark.

we are shocked to here that the sevices charges are going to be 223, a month.

Can anyone let us know if anything can be done about the services charges or is it to late,
now that the committee has been voted in.

Paul & KIm West
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

nazarko is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that only around 30 people attended and as there are 110 appartments I'd suggest that we contact the president and vice president. Unfortunatley I do not know how to do this. does anyone else?

Linda
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

andy ramage is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Linda

I couldn´t agree more with you regarding the security guards. However on the night there was a majority in favour of 2 guards. Some bright spark even wanted armed guards!!

For those of you wishing to write to Proibinsa the Head Honcho is:

Oscar García Cerecedo
Proibinsa SL
Paseo de la Castellana 140, planta 16
28046 Madrid
Tel: 00 34 91 564 7372
Fax: 00 34 91 564 7382
E-mail: [email protected]

Regarding completion, I repeat that you have no obligation to complete if the developer has not been granted the Licencia de Primera Ocupación. Until we have a copy we cannot contract any services, such as electricity, water etc. Please don´t take my word for it. Your lawyers will confirm this. Mine was very definite on this point. The latest news regarding the Licencia is that is just waiting a signature in the Town Hall - time will tell! In the meantime we have electricity and water and Proibinsa is paying for it.

As regards the posts of President etc, these posts are entirely voluntary. Only the Administrator is paid and her budgeted costs are €12027 - approx: €9,28 per month per apartment.

I agree it would be useful to exchange e-mail addresses. I think you can add it to your profile on this site. That will avoid having to send it to all and sundry.

Talk to you soon.

Andy
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

nazarko is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that the president and vice president are not contactable at this time. I understand that the budget was presented by the administrator who came from Probinesa/Muller.

I feel that I am not alone in my concerns relating to this and if any one wishes to contact me I'm on 020 8668 9367. I think it would be helpful if we could get in contact, get to know each other and sort out problems with grounds and budget.

There are 110 of us and it would be good to find out how representative our views are.

Ed & Linda Nazarko

Last edited by nazarko; Jul 12th 2004 at 7:46 am.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Pete & Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning to everyone. First of all I would like to thank Tommy, Ray, Ann and Steve for having the courage to take on the task of running the community. I do not envy them one little bit

Before everyone gets carried away with the budget, it should be stressed that it is only provisional, and can therefore be adjusted by the commitee once they have had a chance to reveiw it. I have had a quick look at it, and in my opinion, it is on the high side, so I do agree with other posters.

Security seems to be the biggest issue as well as being the largest expense. I for one would not have bought a property at Selwo if I had thought I would need to be protected by a security guard. Having been the owner of a security company back in the UK for the past 20 years, I believe the best way you can protect your property is with an intruder alarm system. Owners who have concernes about security should in my opinon look towards having one fitted.

Pete Rogers
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Keith Morris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

As a recent purchaser of an apartment on Sewlo 2 I am keen to evesdrop as I will be in the same position as yourselves soon.

I have an apartment further east near P.Banus and used to own one in Calahonda both were bought 17 years ago. So I have seen many changes on the coast and although my work did not allow me to personally get involved with the communities problems I can comment on our experiences up the coast namely fees and security.

I currently pay 134 euros per month ( 2 bed ) and that includes allowances for painting, gardens, sattellite TV etc. The complex is almost identical in size to Selwo.

As far as security was concerned at one stage on both complexes there were security companies which were very expensive, they lasted around two years until the community decided that the increasing annual fees could not justify their presence. To compromise they installed gates at the various entrances and this worked just as well. There were very few problems, most were down to owners being negligent ie. leaving patio doors ajar, valuables in full view etc. I too think individual alarm systems would be sufficient and the watchfull eyes of neighbours.

I hope this helps a little or at least gives you a guide as I am also concerned that as far as these issues and maybe others, a precedent maybe set which affects Selwo 2.

Regards
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Roy Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
So that we can start the ball rolling I have enclosed my e-mail address. [email protected] Please feel free to contact me if you wish. More especially if you have an issue about the initial deposit of €3000.
I believe Pete is being sensible in that we are perhaps going overboard about the community charge. Surely we will have a democratic vote on the security issue.The administrator should contact every member and ask for a decision on the necessity for security guards. I'm sure the committee cannot and indeed would not to want to overrule the majority view. It is of course entirely possible that a vote may go in favour of security guards, but it should be a clear majority and everyone should vote.
We personally think that a security guard is unnecessary. We believe like many that we don't live in secure areas in our own countries and if it was necessary in Spain we would not have bought a place in such a high risk area in the first place.
Anyone of a nervous disposition should of course resort to a private security system as some have already done. This seems a sensible solution for those requiring extra security.
We have a ground floor apartment and probably the nearest to the perimiter fence, so we would be more vunerable than most. We are insured however and that gives us some comfort.
Which reminds me of another piece of misleading information by Müller. At the initial sales talk we were told that the external shutters were security shutters. This is untrue. The insurance agent has assured us that they are only plastic and as such they are not considered to be security shutters by any reputable insurance company. We were also surprised that the kitchen door has no security of any kind. Not even a lock and key. Just a little knob. Yet the front door is built to resist assult.
On a final note, did anyone notice how easy it was to get keys cut? even the front door security keys. We went to 3 different key cutting services and none of them asked a single question. They just cut the key as requested. Would a security guard even question someone holding a key??
Greetings Pete & Sandra, hope all is well.
cheers
Roy & Marilyn
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

andy ramage is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Good evening

Following in Roy´s footsteps I attach my e-mail

[email protected]

Hasta pronto
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

ed nazarko is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a copy of an email I sent today to the administator. Her email is [email protected]

Dear Madam,

I understand that you have been appointed administrator on a temporary basis. I believe that at the recent residents meeting, which by all accounts was noisy and shambolic, that a rate was set for the community charge of 289,000 euros! This is more than twice the budget of similar communities in the area where my friends live peacefully in ungated communities with large and well appointed gardens. Are we to have a security guard? I heard that even armed guards were proposed by some. I feel very strongly that all that is required at present is a gardener and cleaner for the complex, with maybe a maintenance man on a when required basis.

Selwo 1 is gated and fenced, totally secluded from intruders. I for one would never have bought into a complex that required security guards.Selwo is not a prison, nor is the surrounding area crime ridden. If residents are worried about their security then they have the option to insure and if so wish alarm their property. Also I'm sure all the residents will keep an eye on neighbours apartments during times of absence.In fact the biggest threat to security is probably within, from people letting their apartments to total strangers who will have free access to the entire complex. I do not wish to pay for a guard who will probably spend most of the night asleep anyhow.
I am surprised at a Muller/Probinisa employee being appointed as administrator in view of the difficulties which we're experiencing with both companies. I feel greatly let down and think that on the gardens and facilities have been mis-sold. Where's the free form pool? Why is the existing pool so deep? My small boy will be unable to use the pool as the "shallow" end is above his head! I thought this was a family complex.Where are the splash pools? where are there promised waterfalls? Why are we not having turf laid, but tufts instead? The lack of grass will make the pool totally unusable due to mud and soil on peoples feet. What action is the committee going to take on these points?

Finally I think that it is important to circulate contact numbers for all the residents so that every bodies view can be shared and heard. I understand that the meeting held consisted of about 30 residents and that the budget and other proposals were voted in by a majority. As you know there are a 110 residents at Selwo, and so the budget that you presented has been approved by a small a small minority of residents. I live in London and at 6 days notice could not attend the meeting, I'm sure that applies to most residents. And so I feel that the very first thing that the committee should do is to circulate contact numbers and only then will we have a farer representation of peoples wishes and concerns.

Yours

Ed Nazarko
CC. President and vice president Selwo resident's association
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

ttbr2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ed nazarko
Here is a copy of an email I sent today to the administator. Her email is [email protected]

Dear Madam,

I understand that you have been appointed administrator on a temporary basis. I believe that at the recent residents meeting, which by all accounts was noisy and shambolic, that a rate was set for the community charge of 289,000 euros! This is more than twice the budget of similar communities in the area where my friends live peacefully in ungated communities with large and well appointed gardens. Are we to have a security guard? I heard that even armed guards were proposed by some. I feel very strongly that all that is required at present is a gardener and cleaner for the complex, with maybe a maintenance man on a when required basis.

Selwo 1 is gated and fenced, totally secluded from intruders. I for one would never have bought into a complex that required security guards.Selwo is not a prison, nor is the surrounding area crime ridden. If residents are worried about their security then they have the option to insure and if so wish alarm their property. Also I'm sure all the residents will keep an eye on neighbours apartments during times of absence.In fact the biggest threat to security is probably within, from people letting their apartments to total strangers who will have free access to the entire complex. I do not wish to pay for a guard who will probably spend most of the night asleep anyhow.
I am surprised at a Muller/Probinisa employee being appointed as administrator in view of the difficulties which we're experiencing with both companies. I feel greatly let down and think that on the gardens and facilities have been mis-sold. Where's the free form pool? Why is the existing pool so deep? My small boy will be unable to use the pool as the "shallow" end is above his head! I thought this was a family complex.Where are the splash pools? where are there promised waterfalls? Why are we not having turf laid, but tufts instead? The lack of grass will make the pool totally unusable due to mud and soil on peoples feet. What action is the committee going to take on these points?

Finally I think that it is important to circulate contact numbers for all the residents so that every bodies view can be shared and heard. I understand that the meeting held consisted of about 30 residents and that the budget and other proposals were voted in by a majority. As you know there are a 110 residents at Selwo, and so the budget that you presented has been approved by a small a small minority of residents. I live in London and at 6 days notice could not attend the meeting, I'm sure that applies to most residents. And so I feel that the very first thing that the committee should do is to circulate contact numbers and only then will we have a farer representation of peoples wishes and concerns.

Yours

Ed Nazarko
CC. President and vice president Selwo resident's association
We too tried to send an email to the Administrator using the email address supplied by you, we tried it twice but we received it back from mailer deamon on returned mail.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

portemitre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: selwo hills

Originally posted by andy ramage
Hello fellow Selwo owners

I´ve just been reading the various messages and would like to add my own input. My name is Andy Ramage and my wife, Karen and I have just completed on apartment 1611 ( in the smaller section). We live in Sevilla and have recently bought a couple of apartments on the Costa del Sol, including Selwo. As we have 14 years experience of living here and forming part of a Comunidad de Vecinos I wanted to comment on some of the decisions made at the first Comunidad (Community) meeting.

The meeting was to say the least chaotic but that was almost to be expected. The upshot of the meeting was that we have officially appointed an Administrator who in conjunction with the president will take care of the daý to day running of the Community. She will organise all the maintenance contracts and represent us in any conversations / disputes with the developer , Town hall and suppliers. Her name is María Alvarez Planell and she speaks good English. She currently manages several other developments in the area. Administrators are required to be independent advisors, free from the influence of the developer. However in reality the initial Administrator is generally appointed by the developer as they have to get things up and running so they go to someone they can trust. In the short to medium term we have to ensure that she´s batting on our side at all times. I have no reason to doubt María's professionalism but everyone should know that we as a Community can switch Administrators as we see fit. Like all of our suppliers she has to come up to scratch and it´s down to the President and his team to ensure that she does.

We also elected a President , Vice president and 2 or 3 other volunteers. Their names will be circulated to all owners together with the minutes of the meeting. The role of President is an important one and carries with it certain legal responsibilities. Anyone who is up for the job should look into this and check on what they are getting themselves into. In a development like Selwo it´s important that the President is a full-time resident as he/ she needs to be available to deal with matters that may arise and to countersign cheques etc.

The biggest bone of contention at the meeting was that Proibinsa didn´t send a representative! They were under no legal requirement to do so but frankly it was an appalling lapse on their part and demonstrates an obvious unwillingness to face our criticisms regarding the gardens. As you probably know there are a lot of people who are very disappointed with the presentation of the gardens and the absence of kids pools, waterfalls etc. The fact that the gardens aren´t finished yet whilst a pain isn´t the real concern. Proibinsa have a team of guys working there every day and it shouldn´t be long before the planting, turfing is completed. What we do about the garden design is a bigger and more complex issue. The absolute minimum we all need to do is send a written complaint to Proibinsa. Moaning amongst ourselves will not get the problem solved, maybe 108 letters of complaint will!

Unfortunately those of us who have signed our contracts have legally accepted things as they stand. That doesn´t mean we can´t change things but it weakens our position. I would ask that those who as yet have not signed, make a lot of noise. If Proibinsa see that people are delaying completion and costing them money they may be more amenable to at least putting in kids' pools. A few people at the meeting said that they had no choice but to sign on a given date. That is most definitely NOT the case. Nobody is obliged to complete on a purchase until the Town Hall have issued a Licencia de Primera Ocupación - and we haven´t got ours yet. This is basically a legal document issued by the Town Hall confirming that Proibinsa have met all their requirements and that the development/service roads have been finished to the agreed standards. The only reason that Karen and I signed was that we had a time limit on our mortgage offer, otherwise we would have held out until all the paperwork was in place.

The other major piece of business discussed was the budget for maintaining the development . It was eventually approved which worries the hell out of me as the figures quoted seem disproportionally high. The first years budget is around 290,000 euros which divided between 108 apartments is €2685pa or €223 a month. In reality this figure will vary as 3 bed apartments will pay pay more than 2 beds. The charge is fixed by calculating the square metres of each apartment as a percentage of the whole development.

That is a very high community charge! We have another apartment in a very similar development in Marbella and we only pay €136. The gardens are probably 3 times bigger and the rest of the maintenance requirements are very similar to Selwo, with the exception of night time security. I would strongly recommend that all maintenance contracts are looked at very closely before signing. Experience proves that if you start off with a high community charge it will not get cheaper as time goes on. We need to negotiate the best possible contracts from Day One. We are a large Community and as such represent a juicy bit of business to the local suppliers. It is important that all contracts must detail exactly what is required of the supplier down to the smallest detail. That is the only way we will have any comeback if we deem that the service isn´t up to scratch. Part of the Administrators job is to check that all services are carried out satisfactorily. Unfortunately as time goes on a lot of Administrators limit themselves to signing cheques. It is also a sad fact of life that some Administrators get a kickback from their pet suppliers, so looking for the best price isn´t always in their interest. This is where the President and the Committee play a vital role in cracking the whip.

On a practical note Community minutes are circulated to individual apartments. If you are a permanent resident there´s no problem but if you live overseas you may not get to see them. I would recommend that you ask the Administrator to send copies to your home address. Her details are as follows:

María Alvarez Planell
Rivera Abogados, c/ Real 72, 3ª planta
29680 Estepona
Tel: 00 34 952 798080
fax: 00 34 952 798210

I agree that this forum is a great place for keeping up to date and for sharing opinions. I am going to write to María and ask her to notify all the owners of the existence of this forum. The more communication we enjoy the better for all of us.

On a final note I would ask everyone to think hard about employing full-time security guards. It is a huge expense and on a personal note I really don´t think it is necessary. I got the distinct impression at the meeting that there are a lot of paranoid people about - time to stop reading the Daily Mail / Express!!. We´ve lived here 14 years and have never been burgled. Our apartment complex in Marbella has no security apart from locks and common sense and one year on we haven´t had any break-ins. Obviously it could happen but I really don´t want to live in Colditz. If you are of a nervous disposition, get an alarm. As more and more people settle in to the complex we can keep an eye on our own security. How many of you live in gated community in Britain?

Now that I have set the cat among the pigeons I´ll sign off. I look forward to a lively correspondence.

Best Regards
Andy Ramage

Hi neighbor, My Name is Mike Davies and my wife and I took occupation of 1612 around 10th June. We lived on the site for two weeks and then returned to USA about a week ago.

Having lived there for 2 weeks, I do know that things are happening fast and the site will be fine very soon.

I found all your comments extremely sensible and well founded. Having lived in developments before and having lived outside UK for about 15 years, I know that applying UK standards(good andf bad) doesn't apply.

The develpment will be shaped by its occupants and this will evolve over time. The use of this forum is excellent but will only get results if we use it as a sharing platform and then act and not use it solely as a "vomitorium" (which often tends to be the case) - lets all talk together but let's also realise that we also need to talk with the problem solvers - who today will be Proibinsa/Muller (both through the chair and independently until the site is fully operational and will be ourselves in the due course of time.

The contacts people on this site have given are excellent and for one, I will be contacting Probinsa and Muller direct as well as the administrator to add my voice to the issues about 'security' (no Colditz) gardens and pools. I have no issues with my unit which was finished to a high standard.

I hope we get the chance to meet - we'll be back there in end Sept and again in December.

and then act
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

ed nazarko is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies the email address for the administrator is [email protected].

I'd advice anyone who has concerns to get in touch with her.
there's strength in numbers

Ed
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:40 pm
Dave O'Neill

Default Re: Selwo Hills, Costa del Sol?

Hi All,

I have just stumbled across this Forum with the interesting
comments from the various owners at Selwo Hills.

I live in Ireland
and I have purchased a three-bedroomed apartment in block 7 (in the
larger part of the complex).
I signed for my apartment and got the keys
on June 18th. Unfortunately I didn't get to the inaugural meeting, but
I was very happy to read Andy's report on the meeting. It's also nice
to hear other owners views and experiences. It's a pity that I didn't
know about this forum earlier, and that other owners may not be aware
of it.

Perhaps the best way to communicate with each other would be
to compile a list email addresses of all those owners who are
interested in communicating with each other and sharing views. I for
one would be very happy to receive mails with any such info.

This may
also be the best way for the committee or the administrator to
communicate with owners and give them sufficient notice of meetings
etc.

With regard to the first meeting, I have to say that I was taken
aback at the proposed high community charges.

This is my first time
to purchase a property overseas, so this is all very new to me. I have
stayed a various complexes along the coast, some with security and some
without. Given the choice I would probably have opted to have security,
particularly as I will not be in residence all of the time, and also as
there will be times when my wife and children will stay at the complex
alone. However, I never realised that the costs would be so high, and I
now have second thoughts on this subject.

With regard to the
apartment and the complex itself. I was very happy with the overall
standard of finish on our apartment.
There was very little on our snag
list and all of the items were of a very minor nature.

I was very
surprised and a little disappointed that the common areas and pool(s)
had changed so much from those that appeared in the brochure.
My
children wont be affected too much at the lack of a kiddies pool, but I
know that there are many families who will.
Having stayed at numerous
resort complexes in the area, I have never come across one that didn't
have a baby pool.

Unfortunately, I will be very surprised if the
developers decide to put in an additional pool at this stage or make
any other major changes.
The small print in the brochures covers them,
as none of the material contained in these brochures is of a
contractual nature.

On a more positive note, I think the complex will
certainly be very beautiful when it begins to mature, and if run
properly should be a great environment.

I look forward to reading
further views and info.

I also look forward to meeting you sometime
at Selwo Hill (if I can afford to keep up the community fee payments!)

Best regards,

DAVE O'NEILL
Wicklow
Ireland

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.