Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Non EU mother of minor question

Non EU mother of minor question

Old May 7th 2014, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Non EU mother of minor question

I should be moving to Netherlands in August. Will be working in old job on a permanent contract indefinitely. i am a UK passport holder (British) and have a 3 month old baby who is also British. Mother is Chinese so am i correct in thinking the mother has right of abode in any EU country (not UK) the child will be living with the father?

We are not married but i believe for any EU country that the mother has the right to live due to the baby needing her mother as so young and to deny the mother entry then that denies the child the right to live in the EU of which it is a citizen.

Also would the mother have right to work in that member state the kid is living in (although mother has no plans to work as full time mummy)?

Cheers
Old May 7th 2014, 9:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non EU mother of minor question

https://ind.nl/en/individuals/reside...ntry-nationals
Old May 8th 2014, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Non EU mother of minor question

Thanks for the info.... Perfect