Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Moving to Denmark, Copenhagen...and getting a CPR.

Moving to Denmark, Copenhagen...and getting a CPR.

Old May 29th 2016, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

NikkiGR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Denmark, Copenhagen...and getting a CPR.

Hi there everyone,

I'm 21 years old, and I have just moved over to Copenhagen to be with my girlfriend from London. I have very luckily got myself two bar jobs without speaking Danish, which is fantastic, however I can't start work until I get my CPR number.

Here is my Dilemma in which I need help with... And would be most grateful for your responses...
So my girlfriend is a Dane studying at the moment, she gets help from the government with rent etc as she is a student. However it means that if I move in with her they will stop that funding.... But until I can save money to get my own place I can't move out. So I can't use her address to get a CPR, but then I can't work because I need a CPR. So all in all I'm stuck are there Any suggestions of what I can do?

Nikki
Old May 29th 2016, 8:59 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Denmark, Copenhagen...and getting a CPR.

Originally Posted by NikkiGR
Hi there everyone,

I'm 21 years old, and I have just moved over to Copenhagen to be with my girlfriend from London. I have very luckily got myself two bar jobs without speaking Danish, which is fantastic, however I can't start work until I get my CPR number.

Here is my Dilemma in which I need help with... And would be most grateful for your responses...
So my girlfriend is a Dane studying at the moment, she gets help from the government with rent etc as she is a student. However it means that if I move in with her they will stop that funding.... But until I can save money to get my own place I can't move out. So I can't use her address to get a CPR, but then I can't work because I need a CPR. So all in all I'm stuck are there Any suggestions of what I can do?

Nikki
Hi, this section is basically for Europe in general or for European countries that haven't got a dedicated form. Post again on the Scandinavia forum above, some one living in Denmark might be able to advise.