Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Living in Gibraltar as a singleton....

Living in Gibraltar as a singleton....

Old Feb 13th 2016, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Kitty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Gibraltar as a singleton....

I've recently broken up with my partner after 32 years, and am wondering if you have any opinions of how life would be for a 49 year old, single, British woman living in Gib?

I am currently living in Ireland where I have relatives, and although I am happy to stay here, I really miss the clement weather of Andalusia. I have lived in Spain, close to Gibraltar, on and off, for the last 10 years, so have a reasonable idea of how it might be to live there, having spent time there. However, now that my status has changed, I'm not really confident of making moves without a lot of thought and advice.

I know a couple of people who live in Gibraltar, not friends exactly, but contacts, however, it would be a priority for me to make friends a.s.a.p. in order to have a quality of life. Can anyone recommend groups or places to meet? I realise that the work place is where you can meet friends as well, but it might take me a while to find a job in Gibraltar.

I do speak Spanish, so can communicate in this language and English.

Many thanks.