Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Holiday already ??

Holiday already ??

Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday already ??

Where is everyone ???
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:12 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday already ??

Originally posted by jdr
Where is everyone ???
I trekked over to El Cortes Ingles to try and get some shopping done. I hate shopping. All I came back with was a pair of socks and some cat food.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you hate shopping that must be the worst place to go...
The one in Malaga is huge, and takes hours to shop at, not so bad if your on your own though, take a few shortcuts
Old Dec 19th 2003, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jdr
If you hate shopping that must be the worst place to go...
The one in Malaga is huge, and takes hours to shop at, not so bad if your on your own though, take a few shortcuts

I hate shopping coz I go in for one thing......and lo behold I come out with a shopping trolley......

Thats it I going Buddhist for the Holiday period, good execuse for not buying pressies......okay....wheres my credit card....
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

If you wanna go Buddist, come to the Pueblo.
They have just built a Stupa "temple" here, its well impressive, i will try and locate i pic on a site, i have some on my PC but no webspace to put them on.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:10 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Buddism must be the new in thing in Spain. Richard Gere has invested in a Buddist retreat on the Urbanisation I live on.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

I know I´ve seen it, I used to live across from where the pueblo is, so at night it was in my view point also.....I was away at the time of the opening, but I hear quite a few hundred popped in for a visit.....

Heard there was a Buddhist temple in the Valencia area, was going to pop in a couple of years ago, but I think I drove past it, never could drive with a large map, solved the problem in the future, two big holes in it so I can drive and read at the same time..........okay... I´m kidding.

At the rate I´m going I may be spending xmas in a buddhist temple anyway, my boyfriends brother decided to join the angels yesterday so he´s not obviously now coming, so looks like my xmas might be cancelled, not exactly in the mood for it now......

DG.

Originally posted by jdr
If you wanna go Buddist, come to the Pueblo.
They have just built a Stupa "temple" here, its well impressive, i will try and locate i pic on a site, i have some on my PC but no webspace to put them on.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 4:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yeah there was a couple of hundred tents on the surrounding grass and three big marquees on the sports pitches, and most of the time it was pissistant rain ! felt really sorry for them.
Another good sight was about a hundred monks in their robes swimming at the beach pity i didn`t have me camera, but was on way to work.
Sorry to hear about your grief, but keep your chin up, it will sone get sorted
Old Dec 20th 2003, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Silly question but why would they go swimming in the rain, or don´t they have showers in the temple LOL: Bloody cold, its bad enough having a shower when my gas bottle decides to run out...of course exactly when I´ve poured the bottle of shampoo over my head.

I feel for my boyfriend, unfortunately he was there when it happened and tried to CPR on him and couldn´t bring him back. So he´s obviously very upset and I´m trying to say all the right things to make him feel better, which of course it probably isn´t and I feel a bit helpless.

I think Xmas is definetly a shit time to loose a family member, I´ve emailed God and told him to book me in at a different time when my time comes........unless of course they are having a damn good party upstairs.

Originally posted by jdr
Yeah there was a couple of hundred tents on the surrounding grass and three big marquees on the sports pitches, and most of the time it was pissistant rain ! felt really sorry for them.
Another good sight was about a hundred monks in their robes swimming at the beach pity i didn`t have me camera, but was on way to work.
Sorry to hear about your grief, but keep your chin up, it will sone get sorted
Old Dec 20th 2003, 4:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

You must have Pedro the same gasman as i have his bottles always run out then.
Must be really bad for your boyfriend, but he tried his best.
Strange fact but when we did our course with London paramedics
They said that when you need to use it, there is an 85% chance of it being on a relation, or a friend.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

I did my first aid course a few years ago, probably the certificate is now past its sell date. Trouble is you practice on dummies, and of course a person is a different ball game. His brother´s lips were blue when he found him, I can´t remember my medical enough to know whether he would have been dead for a little while...which would in point of fact would make him feel better and not blame himself for maybe not doing it quite right.

It probably would be a good idea if they included some of these courses the paramedics do as part of kids schooling. I´m sure it would be benefical to them throughout their lives sometime. I must admit though would hate to have to be tested on a relative or friend. gives me nightmares thinking about it, so can imagine what he must be feeling.

Originally posted by jdr
You must have Pedro the same gasman as i have his bottles always run out then.
Must be really bad for your boyfriend, but he tried his best.
Strange fact but when we did our course with London paramedics
They said that when you need to use it, there is an 85% chance of it being on a relation, or a friend.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Jetskigirl is an unknown quantity at this point

What about going to him if you can DG?

Keep your peeker up, you seem to have a sense of humor, which always helps, keep busy if you can - when I´m feeling low, I clean the house - only time it gets a good spring clean.
JSG

At the rate I´m going I may be spending xmas in a buddhist temple anyway, my boyfriends brother decided to join the angels yesterday so he´s not obviously now coming, so looks like my xmas might be cancelled, not exactly in the mood for it now......

DG. [/QUOTE]
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

[QUOTE]It probably would be a good idea if they included some of these courses the paramedics do as part of kids schooling. I´m sure it would be benefical to them throughout their lives sometime. I must admit though would hate to have to be tested on a relative or friend. gives me nightmares thinking about it, so can imagine what he must be feeling.

The guy who did our course offered to set up training in the schools in Essex for free but got knocked back by the council.
Bloody typical of the red tape....just hope its not them lying there when the kids walk past.
As you know, its the first few minutes treatment that can define life or death. Shame, but possibly he was too late.
regards John

Last edited by jdr; Dec 20th 2003 at 7:30 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdr
It probably would be a good idea if they included some of these courses the paramedics do as part of kids schooling. I´m sure it would be benefical to them throughout their lives sometime. I must admit though would hate to have to be tested on a relative or friend. gives me nightmares thinking about it, so can imagine what he must be feeling.

The guy who did our course offered to set up training in the schools in Essex for free but got knocked back by the council.
Bloody typical of the red tape....just hope its not them lying there when the kids walk past.
As you know, its the first few minutes treatment that can define life or death. Shame, but possibly he was too late.
regards John
Old Dec 24th 2003, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Well, you´re right about the timing, he was able to see the events on the CTV camera, and his brother collapesed about 20 minutes before they found him. It has helped him in not blaming himself as he realises that it was too late and I think in some ways that has been a relief, but probably sad that he did not get their earlier. He has flown over for xmas which is good. Today we have gone to the dog pound and brought home a 7 month old G Shepherd puppy, that was thrown out of a car so at least we have made some"ones" xmas a better one and she´s gorgeous and has also cheered my boyfriend up also. I have a feeling that most of the food in the house is going to be hers.

I don´t know why red tape seems to be getting in the way of most things, at the end of the day if a life is saved someday its all worth it, but people are also afraid of getting sued, as I was told when I did mine, if you have to resort to CPR the person is technically dead anyway, so anything done to bring them back is a bonus.

Anyway, thanks for the support, have a Merry Xmas, at least the sun is shining
Dolphin Girl

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdr

regards John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.