Reload this Page >

Hi from me in Romania

Hi from me in Romania

Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:55 am
Banned

Kiselev is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi from me in Romania

Originally Posted by thrifty
there are more hummer jeeps per square mile than in the uk so i dont see how you can say it is a poor country while there are both ends of the spectrum like in the uk a lot of people in romania are rich but dont know it also there are richer in their lifestyles and much more now africa thats a poor country IMHO so romania is way advanced....if you havent been to romania you should go and see foryour self the wealth that is here also the place is getting more advanced very quickly in 2 to 3 years many brits wont be able to afford to move here. and paula jane if you wish to come see my blog for the bnb information cheers
I see only part from Borat and Dragostea din tei. Two big differences.
The owners of Hummer Jeeps in Post-Soviet space usually stole money from citizens of their country.
I mean the technology level. SuperMarkets per square. HighScrappers and so on.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

BlindCAT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hay there all. Lot of good information. I was thinking if you could help me a little, I was wondering if you could give me and idea about how much average salary of a C/C++/Java programmer would be.. rough guess would be fine with me..
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:49 am
Just Joined

gattone is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Hi from me in Romania

Originally Posted by BlindCAT
average salary of a C/C++/Java programmer would be.. rough guess would be fine with me..
Someone who just finished college and has no previous work experience gets about EUR 400 per month after tax as a Junior Java Developer. Add an extra 10-20% (to everything: salary, rent, beer...) if you are interested into living in Bucharest.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

gattone is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Hi from me in Romania

Originally Posted by Kiselev
The owners of Hummer Jeeps in Post-Soviet space usually stole money from citizens of their country.
I mean the technology level. SuperMarkets per square. HighScrappers and so on.
You are only half right.
People who live in mountain villages are poor compared to the average Romanian but they now take advantage of the scenery and you can notice a boom in the tourism business in those areas. But the rest of the country-side is depressing: that's what you've seen in Borat and this is what you'll see in Ukraine, Bulgaria, Rep. Moldova, ... too.

The cities are a different business. I can walk in any direction for less than 1 km and I can find at least a couple of buildings under construction compared to 5-6 years ago when everything seemed to be standing still. (Construction companies are even pushing to be allowed to hire workers from Rep. Moldova or Ukraine easier because they can't find enough workers here). And you won't see skyscrapers very soon because of the earthquake risc which would make them too expensive compared to the value of the land (you know... it's not that crowded here to be worth building 100s of floors high).

And about the expensive cars, this seems to be the norm in these parts of Europe. I don't think that most of their owners are thieves... IMO they are either stupid or have a huge passion on cars For example I have a neighbour who paid 30k EUR for a car but he still lives in a crappy 45 sqm apartment. And seen alot like him: eat crappy food, live in a crappy place... but it doesn't matter as long as you have an expensive car

Last edited by gattone; Oct 21st 2007 at 9:26 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Baiazid will become famous soon enough

I am a romanian so if you have questions, please ask me