Reload this Page >

Hi from me in Romania

Hi from me in Romania

Old May 14th 2007, 8:44 am
Just Joined

jane1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi from me in Romania

Hi Conrad1,

Thx for the reply . I lived in Turda now. My e-mail is In the drop down menu when you click my user name. Hear fm you

Last edited by jdr; May 14th 2007 at 5:53 pm. Reason: Removing email address
Old May 25th 2007, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Jason35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi;

Reading this thread is interesting for me,cos between now and next 12mths,i am making the move to Bucharest permanent.
I am from Birmingham,and my Romanian g/f,is here with me,but we want to move to Bucharest,for many reasons.
Could anyone tell me 1 thing though;i have TV,DVD/VCR,and other electrical items,and need to know if these will work over there in Romania.
I know the plugs are different,i am just thinking about the voltage difference.
Hope someone can help please.
Thx guys.
Old May 25th 2007, 11:45 am
Just Joined

thrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jason35
Hi;

Reading this thread is interesting for me,cos between now and next 12mths,i am making the move to Bucharest permanent.
I am from Birmingham,and my Romanian g/f,is here with me,but we want to move to Bucharest,for many reasons.
Could anyone tell me 1 thing though;i have TV,DVD/VCR,and other electrical items,and need to know if these will work over there in Romania.
I know the plugs are different,i am just thinking about the voltage difference.
Hope someone can help please.
Thx guys.
you will have no problems the voltage is almost the same but i advise you to get a voltage regulator and for pc you will need this as well as a UPS or uniteruptable power supply..if you have a romanian girl friend you will find it much easier i am surprised she didnt know this, the only thing that wont work is a freeview box from the uk all the best with your move good luck and one thing try to learn romanian quick as you can ;-)
Old May 25th 2007, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Jason35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that Thrifty.

My g/f to be honest,knows about voltage in Romania,but i guess she doesnt know about UK voltage,thats all.

Anyway i presume a UPS,i would be able to get from any PC shop i hope?

Also i am trying to learn Romanian language,as much as i can.

Cheers for the help also,thx
Old May 26th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

thrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nice

pc stuff here is relativly inexpensive for the basic stuff a cheap serial ups would be around 86 euros an all in one battery back up and voltage regulator about 46 euros see ultrapro.ro they have loads of shops in bucharest and are fairly big in ro i dont work for them ;-)
Old May 27th 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some nice places for sight-seeing? I will be here for another 5 weeks and will be glad to go around. Thx
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:20 am
Just Joined

gattone is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Hi from me in Romania

Originally Posted by jane
Can anyone recommend some nice places for sight-seeing?
Anywhere in the mountains (but make sure you are far from resorts where people from Bucharest go each weekend).
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

I heard of the beautiful mountains too. Thks a lot.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some nice places for sight-seeing? I will be here for another 5 weeks and will be glad to go around. Thx
if you are still here muntele mic is nice
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Thrifty,

Still around the corner....hehe! By the way, what is muntele mic?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Thrifty,

Still around the corner....hehe! By the way, what is muntele mic?
its about the second i think? highest peak in the southern carpathians...views are stunning on a clear day and the road up is new so can be driven in about 20 mins....its just past a place called borlova where i live
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thrifty
great to see you had a good time in romania, i wish more people would visit here as tourists, may be cos i live here and am working towards getting my own BnB set up some day,i agree with you the romanians are bloody nice people, i liked your blog too,any one interested can see mine also
Hi Just came across this thread, I fell in love with Romania a couple of years ago when I was there at 'mini minovinci' institute doing a forensic science and forensic pathology placement through uni. really would love to go back there so if you ever get the bnb sorted just let me know

PJ
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:10 am
Banned

Kiselev is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paulajayne
Hi Just came across this thread, I fell in love with Romania a couple of years ago when I was there at 'mini minovinci' institute doing a forensic science and forensic pathology placement through uni. really would love to go back there so if you ever get the bnb sorted just let me know
PJ
For me Romania is very poor country. Is It so?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kiselev
For me Romania is very poor country. Is It so?
there are more hummer jeeps per square mile than in the uk so i dont see how you can say it is a poor country while there are both ends of the spectrum like in the uk a lot of people in romania are rich but dont know it also there are richer in their lifestyles and much more now africa thats a poor country IMHO so romania is way advanced....if you havent been to romania you should go and see foryour self the wealth that is here also the place is getting more advanced very quickly in 2 to 3 years many brits wont be able to afford to move here. and paula jane if you wish to come see my blog for the bnb information cheers
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thrifty
there are more hummer jeeps per square mile than in the uk so i dont see how you can say it is a poor country while there are both ends of the spectrum like in the uk a lot of people in romania are rich but dont know it also there are richer in their lifestyles and much more now africa thats a poor country IMHO so romania is way advanced....if you havent been to romania you should go and see foryour self the wealth that is here also the place is getting more advanced very quickly in 2 to 3 years many brits wont be able to afford to move here. and paula jane if you wish to come see my blog for the bnb information cheers
All I can say is WOW! I think i've fallen in love again, will definatly be pestering my OH to come over with the kids!

In addition to what you said above it is also the home of some of the best Forensic scientists (I was privalaged enough to be taught by some of these both in Romania and at uni in the UK )in the world and one of the foremost forensic science facility in the world.
And like you said everywhere you travel in the world there are poor people, but and what Romania may lack in wealth she makes up for in sheer beauty - and boy is she beautiful, one glance at the Carpathians and your hooked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.