Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Greese Is the Word

Greese Is the Word

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

russellsnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Greese Is the Word

Hi, Had our hearts set on moving to Spain when I retire in 3 years time but then we had a trip to a place called Rhodes.
What an unbeleivable beautiful island in the sun.
The people,place, culture & what seems at first clance the ideal Place in the sun.
Are we right or wrong????
If you live on this island or have lived there and left for your own reasons can you please give us your views on the why or whynots.
Also can you give us some indication on what it costs on a yearly basis to live (excluding food costs).
Many Thanks.

Someone out there must live in Rhodes please respond if you do, or even on the mainland.

Last edited by russellsnr; Oct 8th 2004 at 4:54 pm. Reason: No Replies
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greese Is the Word

Originally Posted by russellsnr
Hi, Had our hearts set on moving to Spain when I retire in 3 years time but then we had a trip to a place called Rhodes.
What an unbeleivable beautiful island in the sun.
The people,place, culture & what seems at first clance the ideal Place in the sun.
Are we right or wrong????
If you live on this island or have lived there and left for your own reasons can you please give us your views on the why or whynots.
Also can you give us some indication on what it costs on a yearly basis to live (excluding food costs).
Many Thanks.

Someone out there must live in Rhodes please respond if you do, or even on the mainland.
hi russellsnr,
I'd be happy to answer some Qs for you; we've just moved to the US after a number of years on Rhodes.
Your costs will depend heavily on your requirements. Everything is getting much more expensive in Rodos (like everywhere, but moreso).

Feel free to email me through the forum, if you like.
little time to write today!
meauxna
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:01 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

I lived on the mainland for 9 years, and don't remember anything being really too expensive, but I guess it may have changed!

Take care, and enjoy Greece

-Becs
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becs
I lived on the mainland for 9 years, and don't remember anything being really too expensive, but I guess it may have changed!

Take care, and enjoy Greece

-Becs
Yia, Becs... you wouldn't believe how prices jumped with the euro conversion. Seems everyone took advantage & we were hard hit on the island. Rent was still grand... 150/month with an sea view...ahhh