Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Free Line Installation by Telefónica

Free Line Installation by Telefónica

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Free Line Installation by Telefónica

I received this publicity by email from Telefónica.

http://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/e...22/1522web.htm

I find this to be absolutely incredible as I have friends who have been trying for months or even years to get a telephone line for which they would happily pay only to be told that they will probably have to wait several more years!

I have been invited to send this to friends, etc. so I urge anyone who has been trying in vain to get a telephone to bombard Telefónica on 1004 and refer to this offer of free line installation.

There is nothing in this email to indicate that the offer is subject to line availability or any other condition. It appears to be an offer to ANYONE who is not already a subscriber to apply for a free installation up until 30th September and I would suggest that failure to comply must be in contravention of some kind of consumer law.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Line Installation by Telefónica

But did you look at the picture on the link? It shows a man dressed in a sort of wrap standing on a desert island which is about 4 square metres and holding on to a sort of vine like rope hanging down from a palm tree that's apparently trying to stay well clear of the man because he appears to be shouting.
So maybe this offer is only open to men on tiny desert islands who wear loin cloths and can shout loudly. Maybe that's the catch?