Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fancy playing football for England?

Fancy playing football for England?

Old Feb 13th 2002, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

danieldavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Well now is your chance...

Three English football supporters are driving by car from London to Seoul in South Korea for the World Cup finals this summer. They are making a series of films and producing a daily online diary for the BBC.

In the course of this incredible 14,500-mile road trip they will meet World Cup legends and football fans in every country, attend matches, play 5-a-side 'internationals' against local teams and sample the sporting culture of each new land.

I am writing to see whether anyone might be able to put me in contact with English-speakers in various countries who might want to play football for 'England', alongside the three drivers, in the 5-a-side match against a team from each host nation.

Any contacts for English-speaking football teams, English speakers who fancy a game, or ex pat sports clubs in the following countries would be a great help (the venues for the games are in brackets and possible dates follow):

Germany (Hamburg or Dortmund): Tues 19th or Wed 20th March
France (Lens or Paris): Fri 22nd, Sat 23rd or Sun 24h March
Italy (Milan): Sat 30 March or Mon 1st April
Russia (Moscow): Thurs 18th, Fri 19th, Sat 20th April

We already have matches fixed up in Sweden, Denmark and Austria.

These games are meant to be a gesture of friendship between football supporters and nations and will be filmed for the BBC. We will only need four or five English or English-speaking volunteers and will have souvenir shirts to give out afterwards.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back from some of you at the email address below.

Yours sincerely
Dan Davies
'Asia or Bust'
[email protected]