e104 form

Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e104 form

Hi,

Been asked to get an e104 form in order to register my daughter for state healthcare in Hungary where we reside officially.

On searching online and also through this forum it seems the form is obsolete and has been replaced by an S1. The guidance for an S1 says:

Contact your health insurance authority to find the relevant institution issuing the S1.
Submit it to any health insurance authority in the country where you live.

All very vague and confusing.

Especially considering that, my daughter, although a British citizen with a British passport, has never lived in UK or been registered to any social security or health dept there.

Can anyone offer an advice?

Many thanks,

R.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:47 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: e104 form

How old is your daughter? If she is under 18 then she will be covered by your insurance. Who told you to get this form?
Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
How old is your daughter? If she is under 18 then she will be covered by your insurance. Who told you to get this form?

She's two.
I am not state insured as not started work yet. We are not long here. But my daughter needs to be registered in order to attend nursery. And I thought children were automatically entitled so did not foresee any problems.
The department who we register with for Hungarian state healthcare told us we had to get this form first when we tried to register her.

However, I have just spoken to HMRC and can now update my own query.

HMRC said the e104 is no longer in use, neither is the process that went with it. The procedure now is for the state healthcare provider in the host country to contact HMRC directly and request an SO41 certificate. (The applicant does not have to do anything.)
Old Jan 14th 2017, 1:05 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickster000
She's two.
I am not state insured as not started work yet. We are not long here. But my daughter needs to be registered in order to attend nursery. And I thought children were automatically entitled so did not foresee any problems.
The department who we register with for Hungarian state healthcare told us we had to get this form first when we tried to register her.

However, I have just spoken to HMRC and can now update my own query.

HMRC said the e104 is no longer in use, neither is the process that went with it. The procedure now is for the state healthcare provider in the host country to contact HMRC directly and request an SO41 certificate. (The applicant does not have to do anything.)
glad it seems to be getting sorted out.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Just a final update to this:

I went back to the Hungarian office and told them what HMRC had said about the forms.

To my delight, they seemingly then decided to just ignore it all and went ahead and registered my daughter there and then.

As with a lot of things, I think the processes involved in some of these things really can depend on which particular person you get to deal with on the day.