Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

WHICH E U COUNTRIES OFFER INVESTOR VISA?

WHICH E U COUNTRIES OFFER INVESTOR VISA?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:59 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default WHICH E U COUNTRIES OFFER INVESTOR VISA?

Hi

I have attempted some research on the possible countries in the EU that has the investor visa option.So far can only find one, that being the UK.Two options there, 1 million pounds(ouch)75% invested in a large company stock or government bonds and the other 25% in uk saving funds of my choice and off I go on my way to the UK.

The other is 200,000k pounds to start up a company(far more reasonable price) but I would have to employ at least two people and work full time building a business that I might not enjoy.I'd rather go with option #1 but at a far lower amount if possible.To your knowledge are there any other EU countries offering the investor visa? France,Sweden,Germany ect ect? If you could, please provide a web address to the information.

Thank you very very much!

Last edited by YankeemovingAbroad; Jan 7th 2008 at 8:12 am.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: WHICH E U COUNTRIES OFFER INVESTOR VISA?

Whereas I am not convinced any EU countries are well-advanced with this , have you considered Oz/NZ yet ?
I think you'd talk a max. of 750K-1Mil Oz$$$ there , and there IS already such a visa category...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:05 pm
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
Whereas I am not convinced any EU countries are well-advanced with this , have you considered Oz/NZ yet ?
I think you'd talk a max. of 750K-1Mil Oz$$$ there , and there IS already such a visa category...
Thank you for replying.No I've never considered Australia mainly because Europe has been my dream destination.Love the Aussies they really are great great fun people but I just don't see my self living in that part of the world.I'm more stimulated by culture and truth be told Australia allthough wonderful has about as much culture as the United States.

If not the UK and that option does appear to be iffy,then France,Germany,Italy or Sweden all would go higher up on my wish list.I even considered Monacco but it would seem France's immigration laws are in play there as well.Hard to believe the UK is the only EU country offering a investor visa.Hope someone can inform me of a few others.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Yes ! If anyone can , I'd be very interested , too !
Thought about Slovenia , Czech Rep. , ex-GDR ???
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:12 pm
Banned

Are you from Europe? My odds of getting in to a EU country are dimming abit.I had thought of Czech Republic and from what I hear it is a very progressive country.But hasn't it recently been slated for EU admission? That might creat a issue.

I just spoke with the french consulate and was told my best way into France is to buy a home and go on a long term stay visa.Meaning every 3 months I would need to prove my good standing as it were.That sound abit dicy! I was also warned about double taxation which makes the small hairs rise up abit.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes , I am EUropean-born ; I have also lived and worked in South Africa , Canada , Hong Kong , Emirates and elsewhere , so , excuse me if sometimes I feel quite qualified , to offer honest comments , based on world-wide experience !
IMHO , France is OUT for you , have you taken a good , hard look at that tax/social security set up ?
But , never despair :
for , 1 hr and 20 minutes by comfy Thalys 320 km/h TGV from Paris to Brussels , ( or : under 2 hrs from London St. Pancras to Bru Midi , by Eurostar ) there's yet another world ;
in which I happen to know quite a few happy , long-term , "staying" Americans ;
if you'd care to p.m. me , it maybe yet be worthwhile , to take this further ?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:47 pm
Banned

Yes , I am EUropean-born ; I have also lived and worked in South Africa , Canada , Hong Kong , Emirates and elsewhere , so , excuse me if sometimes I feel quite qualified , to offer honest comments , based on world-wide experience !
IMHO , France is OUT for you , have you taken a good , hard look at that tax/social security set up ?
But , never despair :
for , 1 hr and 20 minutes by comfy Thalys 320 km/h TGV from Paris to Brussels , ( or : under 2 hrs from London St. Pancras to Bru Midi , by Eurostar ) there's yet another world ;
in which I happen to know quite a few happy , long-term , "staying" Americans ;
if you'd care to p.m. me , it maybe yet be worthwhile , to take this further ?
Thank you Ray
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:36 pm
Banned

Ray

Turns out that France does have a E1& E2 treaty with the States.Spoke to a head official at a french consulate today and was given exact information on how to proceed.Even provided with an attorney who has offices in France & the States to set up everything including the paper work for the investor Visa along with my business plan investment.Really great news.Learn today that there are several EU countries which honor the E1,E2 or both.But for some reason only the UK promote that information on their website.In any case this is exciting news
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Pleased to learn your good news !
Coming from the U.S. , you may yet find the French fisc and bureaucracy a bit of a struggle ?
Do keep in touch and let us know , how you get on ,
cheers !
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

mike25nyc is an unknown quantity at this point

I might have the answer for you and I am in the exact same situation as yours.. but its a non-EU country - Switzerland.

They have an easy investment visa program where you invest US$ 500,000 in a privately owned swiss corporation but don't have to actively work in it. You can get swiss residency and citizenship from this eventually. Switzerland also has lump sum taxation based on your standard of living rather than your worldwide income. In fact they dont even ask u to declare your foreign income and personal income taxes for what you earn in Switzerland are amongst the lowest from anywhere in Europe. Its also a very stable economy with virtually no crime rate at all. The people are very nice and welcoming of wealthy foreigners - all you have to do is make a bit of an effort to integrate... and not act very american. Also living in Switzerland u can move around freely in any of the Schengen countries.

I spent 6 months in UK and was thinking of the 1 million gbp investment option as well but after living with Brits I really do not want to move there or give them a single penny of my money anymore. They are very hateful of everyone and suspicious to the core... also london is a very rude ugly city now. The minute you get out of Kensington / Chelsea or most of zone 1 its a big ghetto. Crime rate in London is 40% more than NYC now... and its a very working class society... very jealous of wealthy foreigners. Before u move to UK please read this article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4881474.stm

Feel free to contact me if u have any other questions.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanxxxx Mike ,
could we take this further , by private messageing ?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanxxxx Mike ,
could we take this further , by private messageing ?
He will need more posts before it activates.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mike25nyc
I might have the answer for you and I am in the exact same situation as yours.. but its a non-EU country - Switzerland.

They have an easy investment visa program where you invest US$ 500,000 in a privately owned swiss corporation but don't have to actively work in it. You can get swiss residency and citizenship from this eventually. Switzerland also has lump sum taxation based on your standard of living rather than your worldwide income. In fact they dont even ask u to declare your foreign income and personal income taxes for what you earn in Switzerland are amongst the lowest from anywhere in Europe. Its also a very stable economy with virtually no crime rate at all. The people are very nice and welcoming of wealthy foreigners - all you have to do is make a bit of an effort to integrate... and not act very american. Also living in Switzerland u can move around freely in any of the Schengen countries.

I spent 6 months in UK and was thinking of the 1 million gbp investment option as well but after living with Brits I really do not want to move there or give them a single penny of my money anymore. They are very hateful of everyone and suspicious to the core... also london is a very rude ugly city now. The minute you get out of Kensington / Chelsea or most of zone 1 its a big ghetto. Crime rate in London is 40% more than NYC now... and its a very working class society... very jealous of wealthy foreigners. Before u move to UK please read this article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4881474.stm

Thank you Mike

That is good news indeed.I have allways wondered whether Switzerland offered easier immigration to those who were willing to pay($$$) the price.It is a country that is known for liberal financial practises including secret bank accounts so I guess its not that surprising for that liberalism to be tied to immigration for those who have some money.The dollar amount for their investor visa is a good fit for my top budget so that option is doable.

I have notice over the years several celebrities opting to immigrate there including quite a few Americans and famous athletes from the third world.I actually have a few new friends from Switzerland that have ask me to visit.My only concern about the country is the weather.When ever I watch a travel show about the Swiss nation there is normally a back drop of beautiful mountains covered with snow.

Not sure I could adjust to extreme weather with tempts lower than 20 degrees and with constant snow falls.That is another reason why France would appear to be a better fit.How bad is the weather in Switzerland in winter and how warm are the summers there? Which country is more socially liberal,Switzerland or france?

P.S. Why are you so sour on the UK?

Thanks for your input!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike25nyc

I don`t think you can buy the freedom of the EU if you are an American citizen, that is reserved for working class and rich EU citizens only.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 24th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I don`t think you can buy the freedom of the EU if you are an American citizen, that is reserved for working class and rich EU citizens only.
Are you correcting Mike and saying Switzerland does not offer a investor visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.