Reload this Page >

Details needed to open a Spanish account

Details needed to open a Spanish account

Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:47 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Details needed to open a Spanish account

Hi all,

Going to Almeria in a couple of weeks and would be grateful if anyone could tell me which details and Documents I will need to open a Spanish account.

Any contacts with anyone who resides in Almeria would also be of a great help.

Thanks in advance

Simon
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Details needed to open a Spanish account

Originally Posted by cidshock
Hi all,

Going to Almeria in a couple of weeks and would be grateful if anyone could tell me which details and Documents I will need to open a Spanish account.

Thanks in advance

Simon
I'm not a resident, but with the Solbank, I just gave them a Uk address or give them your new spanish address if preferred and my passport and bingo it was opened and I had my debit card approximately a week later which I picked up from the Bank showing my passport again.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:20 am
mr cid

Thanks for the info, I have seen sol bank advertised, did you by any chance use them for a mortgage or are you using them purely for expenses.

What are they like for Information etc.

simon
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, I have seen sol bank advertised, did you by any chance use them for a mortgage or are you using them purely for expenses.

simon

I found my manager very helpful, considering I didnt use them for a mortgage they actually offered advice on my real estate contract. But like anywhere it depends on your actual manager and personality. I was lucky mine was lovely and helpful. I havent had any problems with them to date though only opened it last year. I had more problem opening another Bank Account in UK with Barclays for a company, even though my co director has banked with them for 20 odd years.....A friend wanted a mortage out here and he had a few problems mainly because he had been in the RAF for 20 odd years and gone self employed. They wanted 3 months pay slips and a letter from employer, their Bank was Santander. They then went to a mortgage broker which set them back 1000 euros before they got a mortgage and it didn't come through. So be aware of that. Anyway try Solbank and see how you find them, so far so good with me. Oh the other thing is if you change your status to resident which my friend in the above example did, they had their account frozen whilst it when through, so no funds available to draw on and they had to borrow money from relatives. So may be good idea to have other monies elsewhere where you can get access if need be.

Hope it helps
Best of luck
Old Sep 7th 2004, 12:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

simon

If you're going to be wanting to transfer funds from the UK (or anywhere else!), avoid BBVA. We ended up opening another account with Cam because they handle international banking well, whereas BBVA don't seem to understand the meaning of the word!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:06 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xabiachica
If you're going to be wanting to transfer funds from the UK (or anywhere else!), avoid BBVA. We ended up opening another account with Cam because they handle international banking well, whereas BBVA don't seem to understand the meaning of the word!
Totally agree with that! I used CAM and found them great. My sis used to have BBVA and was always having problems with them.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:23 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Totally agree with that! I used CAM and found them great. My sis used to have BBVA and was always having problems with them.

BBVA actually 'lost' over €500 of ours for a week. I still use them for day to day stuff - supermarket & so on. We put €1000 in one day (never keep the balance above that now) - did some shopping - knew exactly what was in there. I went to use my card in Mas y Mas a week later & it was refused. I went to BBVA & they said I had no funds in the account!!
Nearly a week later & several trips to the branch - they 'found' it!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Simon
I opened an account with Bancopopular in England through Lloyds, and later transfered money at a better rate than any else and it was transferred almost immediately.
Bancopoular has a branch in London and they speak English.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:21 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

My parents are over visiting and have just told me that Santander are buying Abbey National. Anyone else heard about this?
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by sibsie
My parents are over visiting and have just told me that Santander are buying Abbey National. Anyone else heard about this?

As I understand it they are one of several bidders - though I may be out of date - haven't watched the news (english or spanish) for a couple of days
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

As I understand it they are one of several bidders - though I may be out of date - haven't watched the news (english or spanish) for a couple of days

not too out of date

see here

http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=sant...-8&sa=N&tab=nn
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:33 pm
mr cid

Yes it is true Abbey National has been bought by Satander, dont know how widespread the branches will be over in spain though.

Also found out that Barclays have may branches in costa del sol, costa blanca, and right to the north of spain with a few dotted around the islands,
42 in total.

thanks for all youre help.

simon

cant wait to get there
Old Sep 8th 2004, 12:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Yes it is true Abbey National has been bought by Satander, dont know how widespread the branches will be over in spain though.

Also found out that Barclays have may branches in costa del sol, costa blanca, and right to the north of spain with a few dotted around the islands,
42 in total.

thanks for all youre help.

simon

cant wait to get there

don't bother with Barclays - It was easier & quicker to get money from my Barclays in UK to CAM than to Barclays in Spain
Old Sep 8th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

don't bother with Barclays - It was easier & quicker to get money from my Barclays in UK to CAM than to Barclays in Spain
Might be wroing but think Lloyds, Barclays etc are different to the Uk branches, I know when I popped into Lloyds it was hard to find out my bank account details....heard someone else have similar probs with Barclays also in Spain. Doesnt seem to work on the same system as Uk?? (well it didnt when I went in
)
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Might be wroing but think Lloyds, Barclays etc are different to the Uk branches, I know when I popped into Lloyds it was hard to find out my bank account details....heard someone else have similar probs with Barclays also in Spain. Doesnt seem to work on the same system as Uk?? (well it didnt when I went in
)
Yes they are different, thats why i was recomended to Bancopopular by Lloyds financial dept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.