Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Corfu - Anyone from the UK done the move?

Corfu - Anyone from the UK done the move?

Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Corfu - Anyone from the UK done the move?

As the title suggest's really!

Corfu is on the card's for me and my fiancee to move to. going to rent for a year before we make any big long term commitment, read a few things here and there but just seeing if anyone here has 1st hand experience really

Hope so, i enjoy reading these forums for various advice and tips!

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2014, 9:05 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corfu - Anyone from the UK done the move?

Originally Posted by The-Icon
As the title suggest's really!

Corfu is on the card's for me and my fiancee to move to. going to rent for a year before we make any big long term commitment, read a few things here and there but just seeing if anyone here has 1st hand experience really

Hope so, i enjoy reading these forums for various advice and tips!

Thanks
Only been there on holiday I'm afraid ...... but I'm thinking that work might be a little short on the ground there. What kind of thing are you thinking of doing?
Old Aug 9th 2014, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Corfu - Anyone from the UK done the move?

Yeah i think work may be the tougher bit. will be taking savings with us, me personally i would try and get work in IT. that last year the fair few times we have been i have seen a growing rise is in IT and more and more greeks needing things doing. i have a degree so im thinking i can fall back on that.

My fiancee is a manager in a 5* hotel here in the UK. so i know she will be looking at hotel work. if IT doesn't work out for me, i'm a bit of jack of all trades

With Winter making Corfu pretty much an entirely different island to the summer time, that will be the real test for us. We have a few greek friends so i don't anticipate it being as lonely for us as some people have said on other sites