Bucharest -

Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

smiffy999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bucharest -

Hi there,
We are moving to Bucharest in November. I will be a stay at home mum looking after our 2 girls (1 and 3 yrs). I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there in a similar situation that can give me an idea of how they are finding brining up kids in Bucharest?
We are currently located in Trinidad due to my husbands work, and hating it. Am really hoping the move will be a good one and my little ones will have a better lifestyle than here.
Are there many activities I can take them along to? Dance classes/playgroup s etc?
We are pretty restricted here as lots of areas are unsafe, is Romania safe? Can I safely travel around on my own with the kids?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bucharest -

Hi,

Don't know much about activities for kids as I don't have any but it's reasonably safe - just take the usual precautions. There are plenty of parks with areas designated for kids. with slides and swings and the usual stuff.

There are activities and clubs and stuff, but obviously they'll be less accessible if you (or rather, your kids) don't speak Romanian. I've heard of some after-school clubs and kindergartens that use English as a primary language (but more aimed at teaching local kids the language) and which focus on games, singing and dancing. Maybe one of those might suit you. I don't have any details or first hand experience though, I'm afraid.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

danepaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bucharest -

Hi Smiffy!
I am also in Trinidad currently and should be moving to Bucharest in April