Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

BBC Sounds app

BBC Sounds app

Old Apr 18th 2019, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default BBC Sounds app

Any techies out there who can tell me how to get the new BBC Sounds app - for Android smartphone via G* * gle Play in Europe (Italy) ? It says UK only. I'm terrified they're going to dis-enable the perfectly accessible and wonderful Radio iplayer shortly (although apparently there are stillquite a few issues with the Sounds app).
thnx
Old Apr 29th 2019, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Sounds app

You can sometimes get around these hiccups by changing the REGION settings on your phone.
Setting to Republic of Ireland for example will allow English language on phone along with EURO as currency setting.
Old May 1st 2019, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard about that but I did have to register and log in to BBC Sounds a couple of weeks ago. It asks for a postcode so it seems a halfhearted attempt to exclude listeners from outside UK. There are ways round the horrible BBC software that allow you access to BBC and other radio broadcasts but I've not needed to check them out so far.
Old May 2nd 2019, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

They've really been pushing the new SOUNDS mobile app (and web site) but still has a lot of issues apparently so iPlayer is still running for now, thank goodness.

Yes you do have to log in to the new Sounds website but it seems to work OK after that. It's the mobile app which seems to be UK only.
Old May 2nd 2019, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I use PIA VPN on my IPAD and it thinks it is in the UK.
What is the advantage of Sounds?
The Sounds web browser interface seems to me to be a step back and looks to have been developed by a few students on vacation.
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philat98
I use PIA VPN on my IPAD and it thinks it is in the UK.
What is the advantage of Sounds?
The Sounds web browser interface seems to me to be a step back and looks to have been developed by a few students on vacation.
Yes, so many criticisms ... https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ers-complaints
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Any techies out there who can tell me how to get the new BBC Sounds app - for Android smartphone via G* * gle Play in Europe (Italy) ? It says UK only. I'm terrified they're going to dis-enable the perfectly accessible and wonderful Radio iplayer shortly (although apparently there are stillquite a few issues with the Sounds app).
thnx
listen via the tunein app instead.