Austria?

Old Dec 21st 2017, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austria?

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
Is anybody considering moving to Austria? Any practical experiences? - and no, they are not part of Germany.......
If you really want to irritate an Austrian, refer to their country as "Baja Germany." Works every time.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
I have visited Chicago a few times and each trip was enjoyable. However I simply don't like the weather in the Midwest, and frankly I am not a big fan of large American cities in general after having lived in Europe. I prefer the smaller towns in USA in areas of beautiful surroundings.

Yes I think moving before March 2019 will make things much easier for the long run, but I do think some accommodation will be made between Britain and the EU by that date of some sort.
The suburbs (my locale) are a completely different lifestyle than the city. I think that’s true of most big American cities, as they emulate more of a small hometown atmosphere the further out. The weather can be rough, but many like it for the winter sports and feel of seasonal change. Much of Canada would be off limits if bothered by Midwest winters.

Yes, I also expect some sort of residency accommodation for UK citizens in Germany or Austria arriving post Brexit. But still very uncertain.

Last edited by Richard8655; Jan 3rd 2018 at 7:25 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard8655

Yes, I also expect some sort of residency accommodation for UK citizens in Germany or Austria arriving post Brexit. But still very uncertain.
UK citizens living in Germany or Austria before Brexit will keep there rights after Brexit. I have no doubt whatsoever about it. There wasn't even a hint of a discussion to deport UK citizens after Brexit or taking their rights away. But moving to Germany or Austria after Brexit will be much more difficult. Easy for people with a decent high paying job offer but difficult for the rest. Retiring in Germany and Austria will only be possible if you have a decent pension and can afford private health care.

What will be open to discussion on the EU level is the freedom of movement for British living in Germany and Austria. It is unlikely that they will be covered by the freedom of movement after Brexit. So they probably have to apply for visas in the other EU country if they want to move there ( depending on their respective status). Just like other Non-EU citizens. Check the rights of Australians or US citizens in the EU. Your future will probably look like their presence.

Last edited by Assanah; Jan 6th 2018 at 6:37 am.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
UK citizens living in Germany or Austria before Brexit will keep there rights after Brexit. I have no doubt whatsoever about it. There wasn't even a hint of a discussion to deport UK citizens after Brexit or taking their rights away. But moving to Germany or Austria after Brexit will be much more difficult. Easy for people with a decent high paying job offer but difficult for the rest. Retiring in Germany and Austria will only be possible if you have a decent pension and can afford private health care.

What will be open to discussion on the EU level is the freedom of movement for British living in Germany and Austria. It is unlikely that they will be covered by the freedom of movement after Brexit. So they probably have to apply for visas in the other EU country if they want to move there ( depending on their respective status). Just like other Non-EU citizens. Check the rights of Australians or US citizens in the EU. Your future will probably look like their presence.
Just guessing but in the end I suspect rights of British citizens will be somewhere in-between current rights and those of non-EU citizens currently. Spain gains too much income from British pensioners to vote for too stringent EU wide rules.

Who knows with Merkel, since she decided in a fit of temporary insanity it was to Germanys benefit to let in over a million from the Middle East, and Sweden deciding to commit cultural suicide, maybe Merkel will wake up one day and decide British can be exiles from post-Brexit Britain.

Strange world in eh 21st century.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Just guessing but in the end I suspect rights of British citizens will be somewhere in-between current rights and those of non-EU citizens currently. Spain gains too much income from British pensioners to vote for too stringent EU wide rules.

Who knows with Merkel, since she decided in a fit of temporary insanity it was to Germanys benefit to let in over a million from the Middle East, and Sweden deciding to commit cultural suicide, maybe Merkel will wake up one day and decide British can be exiles from post-Brexit Britain.

Strange world in eh 21st century.
To let pensioners in will be Spain's decision. So they might decide that they need British pensioners now but not anymore tomorrow. And yes you are right Germany might in future decide that British will not be welcome anymore ( it is not going to be Merkel but the parliament). Face it legally your position in any EU country will be a lot weaker after Brexit. You will be a foreigner who can be deported if need be. That is also true for EU citizens in the UK NOW. I know several Germans who are leaving voluntarily because they have other options. The others who have kids in school, are old etc will stay, worried, trying to get citizenship but the love for the UK is gone. It is sad to see how the atmosphere has changed...so quickly.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

To let pensioners in will be Spain's decision. So they might decide that they need British pensioners now but not anymore tomorrow. And yes you are right Germany might in future decide that British will not be welcome anymore ( it is not going to be Merkel but the parliament). Face it legally your position in any EU country will be a lot weaker after Brexit. You will be a foreigner who can be deported if need be. That is also true for EU citizens in the UK NOW. I know several Germans who are leaving voluntarily because they have other options. The others who have kids in school, are old etc will stay, worried, trying to get citizenship but the love for the UK is gone. It is sad to see how the atmosphere has changed...so quickly.
So be it. Out means out, on both sides.

British pensioners don't make or break the Spanish economy and will not be a factor for the Spanish Government in deciding what to do.

Joining the TPP is ideologically inconsistent with Brexit but whatever.

This will not be the last in/out referendum. Merkel has become a significant destabilising force on the continent, and the longer she hangs around, the stronger separatist groups get.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
So be it. Out means out, on both sides.

British pensioners don't make or break the Spanish economy and will not be a factor for the Spanish Government in deciding what to do.

Joining the TPP is ideologically inconsistent with Brexit but whatever.

This will not be the last in/out referendum. Merkel has become a significant destabilising force on the continent, and the longer she hangs around, the stronger separatist groups get.
Certainly Spain will have a vote and certainly will consider the effect on its own economy of the contributions of British pensioners and tourists - of course it will be a factor.

I agree about Merkel- a few months ago I was in Croatia and people who before I had never heard question that joining the EU was good for Croatia, now are starting to have second thoughts- and Merkel lunacy was brought up as a key factor. I heard people say what happens to Europe if Merkel in another fit of lunacy decides to bring in another million from the Middle East ? Poland and Hungary certainly seen fed up wit her.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

If we are lucky Merkel will be out soon. I agree that letting in a million young men from the middle East and Africa was a major mistake.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carcajou

The UK is also a major destabilizing factor. Once you are out I doubt the EU will accept you back in. I think we are done with each other for quite some time to come. So do the referendum now before Brexit.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

The UK is also a major destabilizing factor. Once you are out I doubt the EU will accept you back in. I think we are done with each other for quite some time to come. So do the referendum now before Brexit.
I meant, it will not be the last in/out referendum from a European country. I think Brexit is done and dusted.

Your points are well-taken.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If we are lucky Merkel will be out soon. I agree that letting in a million young men from the middle East and Africa was a major mistake.
Refugees, migrants , immigrants , continue to enter Europe and since Merkel got away with it once, who knows if she will try directly or indirectly to bring more in, and add to the existing situation the demographics of birth rates of these group vs Europeans indicate the problems will only get worse.

And while Merkel called the shots, the mentality of the elite in countries like Germany, Sweden, Belgium remain prone to cultural and economic suicide supported by fellow-travelers with a lack of common sense or historical knowledge.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Refugees, migrants , immigrants , continue to enter Europe and since Merkel got away with it once, who knows if she will try directly or indirectly to bring more in, and add to the existing situation the demographics of birth rates of these group vs Europeans indicate the problems will only get worse.

And while Merkel called the shots, the mentality of the elite in countries like Germany, Sweden, Belgium remain prone to cultural and economic suicide supported by fellow-travelers with a lack of common sense or historical knowledge.
If you can read German language news papers you will know that every month 15000 more are arriving in Germany from apparently nowhere. Nobody knows who they are, how old they are or how many in total arrived. The suicide continues. Migration is the big dividing issue between EU countries.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
If you can read German language news papers you will know that every month 15000 more are arriving in Germany from apparently nowhere. Nobody knows who they are, how old they are or how many in total arrived. The suicide continues. Migration is the big dividing issue between EU countries.
Care to guess how many would return to Syria if it became stable and peaceful ? Or the cost involved of bringing in so many "refugees" ?
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Care to guess how many would return to Syria if it became stable and peaceful ? Or the cost involved of bringing in so many "refugees" ?
What do you mean with costs? The monetary cost for refugees has risen about 4 billion €. Violent crime has risen more than 10% thanks to the refugees. Only last week a 15 year old German girl was stabbed to death by a refugee because she split up with him.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

What do you mean with costs? The monetary cost for refugees has risen about 4 billion €. Violent crime has risen more than 10% thanks to the refugees. Only last week a 15 year old German girl was stabbed to death by a refugee because she split up with him.
Assanah, I looked up that story of the 15 year old German girl. The conduct of ARD is once again reprehensible. Yeah sure they didn't try to repress the story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.