Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Austism and Europe...anyone with experience of ASD in Europe please

Austism and Europe...anyone with experience of ASD in Europe please

Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

sap263 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Austism and Europe...anyone with experience of ASD in Europe please

Hello, my son has autism and we are looking to move away from the UK. Brexit was the final straw.

Does any one have any experience of autism and Europe? I have asked at my support groups and there doesn't seem to be much information about now autism is supported or dealt with in Europe?

I am preparing to home school my boy and I have heard that this is not allowed in some countries?

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated. many thanks
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Austism and Europe...anyone with experience of ASD in Europe please

Originally Posted by sap263
Hello, my son has autism and we are looking to move away from the UK. Brexit was the final straw.

Does any one have any experience of autism and Europe? I have asked at my support groups and there doesn't seem to be much information about now autism is supported or dealt with in Europe?

I am preparing to home school my boy and I have heard that this is not allowed in some countries?

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated. many thanks
Hi again!
How old is your son and do you speak any European languages?
Home schooling is "tolerated" in France, provided you follow the French Curriculum (in French). If the child doesn't reach an adequate level (there are Inspections), he/she must go to State School.
You may get more response if you post in a couple of potential countriy forums above (but not multi-threads in all countries!). In any case, as already advised, strike France off your list, unless you speak French well, and even then.......
Old Jan 8th 2017, 8:14 am
Just Joined

sap263 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much. My son is 7.

I speak german and am in the process of applying for my german passport so get off this island (england).

Great advice on France thanks so much.

I will post in individual countries. Thanks again.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 8:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I speak german and am in the process of applying for my german passport so get off this island (england).

Please do not open duplicate threads as they will be deleted. Duplicate threads become very confusing as our members tend to posts in several of the BE forums.

Thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I should look into the autism issue in Germany, Austria, possibly Switzerland, then, but in dedicated forums.
As requested by JerseyGirl and warned by me, don't post all over the place!
P.S. In addition to googling dedicated forums, try
http://www.autismeurope.org/espace-m...s/germany.html

Last edited by dmu; Jan 8th 2017 at 9:25 am.