Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any expats living in Montenego?

Any expats living in Montenego?

Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Cathy Mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats living in Montenego?

Hey Bodge 71

....I may be interested in speaking with a recommended architect...especially in the Herceq Novi area....would you be able to give me his/her details?

Thanks

Cathy
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:09 am
World Citizen

Nykky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BODGE71
then just walk around and ask the locals if they know anyone who is selling land/property.
Isn't that everyone these days? lol I'm waiting to see 10 year-olds with folders under their arms. lol
I went in for a dr app a month back, and hubby and receptionist are talking away. Waiting to be clued in - thinking they're talking about my pregnancy - I'm informed that she's offering her friend's land for sale!

If you meet a brash and crass Yorkshireman in Herceg Novi, then you'll know it's me, hehehehehe.
I think hubby has crossed your path. He didn't say brash though! lol

How long have you been out here?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:12 am
World Citizen

Nykky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats living in Montenegro?

Originally Posted by tran333
let me know if you know of any bargain apartments !!
If it's only for a few days, probably won't be bargain. I have friends here who have a place free at the moment. I could ask if they want to rent it out?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

tran333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats living in Montenegro?

Originally Posted by Nykky
If it's only for a few days, probably won't be bargain. I have friends here who have a place free at the moment. I could ask if they want to rent it out?
Thanks Nykky. Think we've found a hotel near Kotor which sounds pretty reasonable and is recommended. Will let you know later if its a bargain !
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

tran333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya tran333. you could try taking a look at the "Energoprojekt" website (the largest construction company in Serbia). they are building a lot of apartments + villa's in Herceg Novi at the moment right on the sea front. They are an excellent firm with very high building standards. The apartments aren't cheap though. Having said that, i'm sure that in 5/10 years time, you'll be glad you bought one.

Alternatively, a better website to look at is "Pluto Developments". They are building a variety of buildings in different locations around Kotor. I know they are using a good architect as they are using the same one as i am. So if you decide to do a newbuild i can recommend an architect to you.

As for estate agents, personally i would find an area that i like, then just walk around and ask the locals if they know anyone who is selling land/property. Alternatively, find someone who can translate for you and visit the local planning department. My experience has been that they tend to know from the grapevine, just about everyone local who is wantnig to sell land. And as Nykky said, you'll bypass the estate agents commission and his very naughty "add-on".

happy hunting.

P.S. If you meet a brash and crass Yorkshireman in Herceg Novi, then you'll know it's me, hehehehehe.
Thanks for the advice Bodge. Going to look at those web-sites next. I'm sure you (and Nykky) are right about agents, but with only three days to look I suppose we are taking the lazy option and it will probably cost us, but if we come out with an apartment I'm reasonably sure it won't be going down in value. That's the theory anyway., Will keep an eye open for Yorkshiremen. Mum came from the Dales and still visit frequently so will have an idea what to look for. Can't imagine a brash Yorkshireman though !!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cathy Mac
Hey Bodge 71

....I may be interested in speaking with a recommended architect...especially in the Herceq Novi area....would you be able to give me his/her details?

Thanks

Cathy
hiya Cathy Mac.

Sorry for the late reply. if it's possible, i'd prefer it if you can send me an e-mail privately as i'm not too sure if my architect would be too happy if i splashed her details on this forum. i think it's possible for you to send me an e-mail via this forum, privately, but i don't know how to do it !!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nykky
Isn't that everyone these days? lol I'm waiting to see 10 year-olds with folders under their arms. lol
I went in for a dr app a month back, and hubby and receptionist are talking away. Waiting to be clued in - thinking they're talking about my pregnancy - I'm informed that she's offering her friend's land for sale!

I think hubby has crossed your path. He didn't say brash though! lol

How long have you been out here?
Hiya Nykky. i'm not! i'm still in the UK. Was hoping to get across early this month, but due to work commitments have been unable to get there this year. doesn't look like i've missed much weather wise recently as i've seen from the Dubrovnik airport webcam that the rain has been much heavier there than here - that makes a change.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tran333
Thanks for the advice Bodge. Going to look at those web-sites next. I'm sure you (and Nykky) are right about agents, but with only three days to look I suppose we are taking the lazy option and it will probably cost us, but if we come out with an apartment I'm reasonably sure it won't be going down in value. That's the theory anyway., Will keep an eye open for Yorkshiremen. Mum came from the Dales and still visit frequently so will have an idea what to look for. Can't imagine a brash Yorkshireman though !!!
Tran333 - The Dales. Beautiful place. i frequently go walking at the weekends in the Dales - i love it. That's a reason why i'm desperate to visit Durmitor. i've heard it's spectacular scenery. It's a long drive by the sounds of it though - 4 hours from the coast i've been told. i'm hoping this new road that is being/has been built from belgrade to the coast will make the journey much quicker, that way i'll have the best of both worlds, the coast and the mountains.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cathy Mac
Hey Bodge 71

Thanks

Cathy
hiya Cathy Mac. just noticed that we can send private messages on this forum, so i'll provide you with her details that way.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

CoastAndCo is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya Cathy Mac.
Sorry for the late reply. if it's possible, i'd prefer it if you can send me an e-mail privately as i'm not too sure if my architect would be too happy if i splashed her details on this forum. i think it's possible for you to send me an e-mail via this forum, privately, but i don't know how to do it !!
Hi BODGE, I wander if I may be included in a list of potential clients of the architect you work (or used to work) with. I live in London but I got a property and some plans for it near Igalo. Just booked flight to go there again in december, so I would appreciate a chance to talk to recommendable english speaking chartered architect who have experience of pushing projects towads building/renovation permition. I just popped into this forum and not very familiar with how to get in touch, so in case you find it acceptable to give me your architect contact, here is my e-mail (removed - use email link)
Many thanks for your posts any way

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 11th 2007 at 5:18 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CoastAndCo
my e-mail (removed - use email link)
What on earth must I do to simply contact somebody on that forum if you cut my e-mail (very protective thank u very much) and when I try "private message" you admin say The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.
Who is this "members with more then"? Is it me, or someone I need to talk to?
Very user-friendly
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What on earth must I do to simply contact somebody on that forum if you cut my e-mail (very protective thank u very much) and when I try "private message" you admin say The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.
Who is this "members with more then"? Is it me, or someone I need to talk to?
Very user-friendly
I cut your email for your own good!
If you want your email to be spammed to death by people who sweep forums and collect emails then I would be pleased to re instate it!

The pm restriction is there to stop spammers coming on here, making one post and then systematically pming everypne on the board. Again, to help you the poster.

Luckily, most people on this extremely popular ex pats board are very pleased with the system

Make one more post and you're away and able to pm!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi BODGE, I wander if I may be included in a list of potential clients of the architect you work (or used to work) with. I live in London but I got a property and some plans for it near Igalo. Just booked flight to go there again in december, so I would appreciate a chance to talk to recommendable english speaking chartered architect who have experience of pushing projects towads building/renovation permition. I just popped into this forum and not very familiar with how to get in touch, so in case you find it acceptable to give me your architect contact, here is my e-mail (removed - use email link)
Many thanks for your posts any way
Hiya CoastandCo.

I need to make it clear that i'm NOT an architect and never have been. I have land in Igalo, like yourself, and am currently in the processing of getting the planning permission + building taken care of.

The architect i was talking about, is the one I am currently using who is based in Herceg Novi. She, as far as i am aware, is also the architect for "Pluto Developments" who are building villa's and apartments in Kotor (i think). So she is a personal reccomendation - nothing more.

If you still want her details i can provide you with them via a private message as, unlike yourself at the moment,i have no problem sending you the message (i've posted more than 3 times).
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Got it! Sorry for being dummy. This is my 3rd post. Hurrey
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you want your email to be spammed to death by people who sweep forums and collect emails then I would be pleased to re instate it!

The pm restriction is there to stop spammers coming on here, making one post and then systematically pming everypne on the board. Again, to help you the poster.

Luckily, most people on this extremely popular ex pats board are very pleased with the system

hiya MitzyBoy.

just seen your gallery. Do you live in Spain all year round? If so, what is the weather like in winter where you are (i'm assuming you are near Valencia), i.e. what's the average winter temp in the coldest months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.