working in canada

Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:59 am
Just Joined

will74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working in canada

ok everybody I have spent hours searching for a simple answer without success I should be greatfull if someone could help.
2 years of school and one year working experience as a construction electrician in France what are my options?????

skilled worker visa ( do not meet the regulatory certification )

skilled trade visa ? ( will need one more year working experience)

or the temporary working visa?? thinking of moving to Alberta
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Default Re: working in canada

let me reformulate my question,,,,,what are the options to work in canada as an European electrician ??????
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by will74
let me reformulate my question,,,,,what are the options to work in canada as an European electrician ??????
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry will - not seen many Canadian's down this way - and I can see you've tried asking in the Canadian forums. What advice have you been given already?
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:26 am
Just Joined

hello old.sparkles, well it's really confusing and the canadian embassy won't give informations over the phone or in person.

With the skilled worker visa, one year working experience is required but the electrician needs to be approved by the regulatory body from the province your are applying to ( which is usually 4 years experience)

with the skilled trade visa , 2 years experience is required and no need to meet the regulatory certification ( so then what job title do you use? electrician apprentice ?

electrician and electrician apprentice is on the NOC list so I would have thought that it could be possible to work Under the skilled worker visa as an apprentice unfortunatly no one can answer this question.

is there any other options temporary work permit ect ect starting my fourth year in the trade ( school +1 year work experience )

So far the answers i've got are not really clear to me. Bear with me as English is not my first language.