uk to australia NEED HELP!

Old Feb 24th 2017, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

dazwhitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk to australia NEED HELP!

Please will someone help. I've been reading, reading and more reading and i'm as confused as ever. I am a maintenance electrician or "special class" as I've been told with 10 years experence. I'm hoping to move to Melbourne. The questions I have are:

which do I use vetassess or future skills? I've heard some bad things about vetassess but was back in 2013.

what is the process of being fully qualified from England to Australia?

is it hard to get a job of trade assistant so you can do the GAP training?

Has anyone recently been through all this.

Thank you all in advance as I feel disheartened and my dream is slipping away.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Eltonb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: uk to australia NEED HELP!

Hi daz

I just logged on to do a post about my experience with moving here to see if I can help people as i had a nightmare doing all this because there is no info out there to guide you.

To cut it short i have been here 4 half years, when i came here there was a option to do an artc or otsr I started with the artc and stuffed up the paperwork so it got declined but that process is now scrapped the only way is the otsr as far as i am aware

To simplify it this is the process for AGRADE licence not sure if there is a special class licence in victora but i may be wrong

*Do a otsr with future skills in the uk before you come
*When you get here get your supervised workers licence from energy safe you need a job to get this
*Do your gap training at kangan institute Melbourne
*Work for 12months and complete e-profiling(online work experience logger)
*in that 12months do the LET+LEP licence exams
*once your e-profile is complete apply to kangan to give you a statement on attainment then contact future skills to give you your cert 3
*Apply to energy safe victoria to get you A-Grade electrical licence you need cert 3,LET,LEP and a letter from your boss saying you have worked for 12months to gain this licence

hope this will help you be prepared for a hard time and quite a few $$

Elton

Last edited by Eltonb; Feb 25th 2017 at 7:12 am.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

dazwhitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Elton that was a big help. Are you a domestic sparks or industrial?

Was it easy to get a trade assistant job as I have read this is one of the most difficult things to do?

Also what is the pay for a trade assistant and a full 'A' grade sparks?

With all the $$$$$ and time would you say it's worth it?

I read your other post with your experience of the whole thing, I would love to have your email so I could fire questions your way. I will be moving to the Kilsyth area.

Thanks again
Daz
Old Feb 26th 2017, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Eltonb is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem

Both I have always been in and out of domestic and industrial never like to stay in 1 area I like a job with verity.

Its not hard you just have to look n the correct place and advertise yourself for what you are, I just made it clear when applying for a job that I am fully qualified in the uk that they will be getting good quality work the same if not better than someone who is licensed here (because the quality of work out here is not the best ) and the company i was with sent me out on my own 9 times out of 10 and payed me Agrade wages because at the end of the day having a bit of plastic that says your qualified dose not change anything in reality in our situation. Out here it means everything to allot of auzzies they think once you have an Agrade you are king and all of a sudden you get 15 years of knowledge injected into you brain.

pay can be for a trade assistant maybe $20-$25 a hour(I'm guessing) Agrade can be anywhere from $30-$45 depending what area you work in could be more

Ye its worth it at the end dose not seem like it when your in the middle of it all but you just have to keep jumping through the hoops

What visa are you coming here on

ill send you me email in private message mate sorry if it don't make to much sense I'm typing on my phone

Elton